Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Midvale, Utah
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
Why is cabinet refinishing a good investment for the look of my house?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always more cost-effective than purchasing new ones and is a wise investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: If the cabinets are damaged or decayed, it might be more cost-effective to go with a replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Priority: If protecting the environment is a priority, you may want to consider cabinet refinishing as an ideal way to reduce waste by upcycling your existing cabinets.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing gives you choices between a large range of colors and finishes to bring to life a look that is totally unique and matches your sense of style.
- Trying To Get a Better ROI: If you're planning to sell your residence, cabinet refinishing is a cost-effective project to boost its value and maximize profits.
- You Are Pleased With the Current Layout and Functionality: You're existing cabinets may already fit in well with your kitchen's design and give ideal functionality.
- Minimal Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing involves less disruption to your lifestyle compared to a complete cabinet replacement.
People of Midvale, Utah have reported paying nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Before deciding on cabinet refinishing, evaluate your specific needs, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to understand if this project is best for you.
Should I be on the lookout for any specific certifications or qualifications when hiring a cabinet refinishing professional?
Though there aren't industry-standard certifications specifically for cabinet refinishing contractors, there are certain qualifications and indicators of expertise that you can refer to when hiring someone to refinish your cabinets. Many of the best contractors will showcase any certifications in carpentry, woodworking, or a relevant field on their Thumbtack profile.
You will want to ask the contractor you are considering hiring for a portfolio with pictures of cabinets they have refinished in the past, especially for finished projects that are similar to the style you're trying to accomplish. Along with a portfolio, most professional contractors will highlight their experience and reliability through online client reviews.
A reliable professional should supply a clear written estimate of the job before it starts, listing the scope of work, materials, and all associated costs. Contractors need to possess adequate communication skills and be able to answer any questions and concerns regarding budget, schedule, and quality throughout the refinishing project. It would be wise to also ask about any warranties or guarantees from a contractor, which is another factor that can show they have confidence in the quality of their workmanship.
What is the process for professionally refinishing cabinets?
A professional handling your cabinet refinishing job will follow an established process for speed and proven results. There are typically several steps taken to transform the appearance of existing cabinets, for example:
- Evaluation and Prepping: Cabinets are first assessed to make sure they are in good enough condition for refinishing. If they are, all hardware will be taken off, such as handles, knobs, and hinges, and the surfaces need to be cleaned to remove any dirt, grease, or other contaminants.
- Touch-Up and Fill: Some insignificant issues, like scratches, dents, or similar blemishes in the wood will be repaired or filled before being blended in when staining or painting.
- Painting or Staining: Your choice of paint, stain, or finishing technique will be applied in careful, even coats to accomplish the look you've envisioned. The drying and curing phase is vital to imparting a high-quality outcome, and may require a few hours to complete.
- Reassembly: After the paint or stain has dried, all hardware will be reattached and cabinets completely reassembled for use. A quality inspection will make sure the finished project satisfies your expectations, which includes a final cleanup of the complete work area.
It's useful to note that every refinishing project may vary depending on aspects like the model of cabinets and the desired finish. Furthermore, contractors may perform specialized methods, such as distressing or glazing, to accomplish specific aesthetic effects, which will require a longer amount of time. Make sure to speak directly with any contractor you hire to ensure they have the skill to bring your vision to life.
Why will cabinet refinishing be advantageous?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially advantageous home improvement task that many people find worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets in lieu of totally replacing them is a great way to reduce your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than contribute to landfills. The process of producing new cabinets also depletes forests and releases chemicals into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly diminished when you choose to repurpose existing furniture rather than replace it. Some other great advantages of picking cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Efficient: Purchasing and putting in new kitchen cabinets will be very expensive, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to refresh their look relatively affordably.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the power to drastically switch up the aesthetic of your kitchen with relatively small amounts of work or resources.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively fast and stress-free project to refresh their style versus installing new ones. Since you're utilizing existing cabinets that have already been hung, you'll bypass the chaos of having custom-made cabinets manufactured or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- High-Quality Results: You can expect high-quality outcomes when you allow a qualified contractor to carry out your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and experience is critical to ensure your cabinets come out as you wished, including following the proper steps of preparing the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
Employ The Right Professional for Cabinet Refinishing in Midvale, Utah
Cabinet refinishing is an ideal way to transform the aesthetic of your kitchen by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Experienced cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, like paint, stain, or other methods to your existing cabinets to give a new look that fits your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of the first advantages, and several people in Midvale, Utah have reported paying as much as 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and hung. Achieving a fresh and updated look for your used cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, boosting the value of your home in the process.
Sustainable solutions also play a part in why many people are starting to refinish used cabinets rather than buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green choice that aligns with eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and lessening demand for wood materials.
Another excellent benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the service is much less disruptive to your home than the work it takes to install new ones. Regardless of purchasing stock or custom-made new cabinets, the space where they're hung will likely face some degree of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit properly. The result is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and a convenient solution for those working with a shorter timeframe.
When selecting an expert for your cabinet refinishing job, get a feel for their knowledge and skill through pictures of their past work, if they offer any guarantees on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this important information and more is on the easy-to-use Thumbtack site so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Midvale, Utah confidently.