Find a Pro in your areaUtah
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearPainting // Utah
- American Fork
- Bear River City
- Bingham Canyon
- Brigham City
- Cedar City
- Cedar Valley
- Dammeron Valley
- Duck Creek Village
- Dutch John
- Eagle Mountain
- East Carbon
- Fountain Green
- Garden City
- Heber City
- Hyde Park
- La Sal
- La Verkin
- Mount Pleasant
- North Salt Lake
- Park City
- Pine Valley
- Pleasant Grove
- Rush Valley
- Saint George
- Salt Lake City
- Santa Clara
- Saratoga Springs
- South Jordan
- Spanish Fork
- Spring City
- West Jordan
- West Valley City
- Woods Cross
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What all will a residential painter do?
Here is what a professional painter will help with:
- Choose Colors: When struggling to identify the best colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor will help you in this regard. Services like this can save you time, and you can depend on the knowledge of your certified painter.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint will have a difficult time adhering to surfaces that haven't been properly cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service residential painter knows this and can take care of this prep work before painting starts.
- Identify Potential Issues: As your residential painter preps for the paint job, they should be assessing surfaces for trouble signs. A full-service painting contractor will let you know if they notice anything like rotted wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These issues need to be fixed before the project can begin, of course. Your service could then suggest other reliable contractors to perform these repairs, or they could take care of it themselves.
- Do Repairs: Professional painters are proficient at making such repairs. These include drywall repairs, rotted wood replacement and removal, wallpaper removal, remediating damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. By employing an expert painter, you likely won't have to go looking for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has cleaned the home's surfaces, assessed for structural issues, and performed necessary repairs, they will begin painting your exterior and/or interior.
What is the typical hourly rate for painters?
The average painting contractor's cost of services varies between $22 to $43 per hour, without tax or product included.
Bear in mind that this cost is for the painting services themselves to pay a professional painter hourly. Insurance, tax, tools, or the paint itself is not reflected in that price.
Can interior painting provide an adequate return on investment?
Almost always the answer will be yes, and there are other valuable benefits gained from interior painting projects:
- Raise the Value of Your Home: A good paint job will communicate to potential buyers that you have taken good care of your property. It will also help sell a home that's on the market sooner, even over asking price. Even if you are not contemplating listing your home in the near future, a proper interior paint job by a professional painter can last up to 7 years. You will be making an investment in your property that really pays off.
- Boost Your Mood at Home: Because interior painting is a relatively low-cost project to update your home, it is one of the best tools to make your home a more relaxing and happy space. If you have not painted your house in the past few years and have poor colors that you might not like anymore or didn't choose, your rooms may not feel like a space where you truly feel at peace. Additionally, many residents are choosing to work from home and/or staying home more in general, so making the interior in your home appealing is a higher priority. Depending on the color scheme you choose, a fresh paint color will affect your mood as you desire — calm and rested (blues and greens), lively and productive (yellows and oranges), or even feel comfortable and content (neutral colors).
- Safeguard From Damage to Your House: Getting your interior painted secures your property now and prevents future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. Most interior walls are constructed of materials which easily retain moisture. Eventually, enough accumulation of moisture will result in degraded walls which can be dangerous to your house's structural integrity. Water within walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which can result in health risks. Paint enables you to seal out moisture from getting into the porous walls of your residence.
- Improve Air Quality Throughout Your Home: Paints currently are manufactured with low or zero VOCs. If you or your loved ones have allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and a great choice for your property. A new coat of paint also keeps dust and other allergens to a minimum which will enhance your home's air quality exponentially.
- Make Your Home Look Amazing: All residences contain flaws and blemishes. Walls often obtain scratches, dings, and marks from wear and tear to your home over the years. Getting your home's interior painted hides those imperfections and will make your home look refreshed and clean. A new coat of paint applied by a professional contractor will also update your home with a contemporary aesthetic.
What is the least busiest season of year for painters?
A major selling point about booking within the winter season is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The chillier conditions often keep most homeowners from doing home improvement projects, so painting contractors have the availability.
As a result, it's possible they'll charge a lower price than what they typically do in busier seasons like summer. This is when most painters are scheduled and don't have time for other appointments.
Dependable House Painting Contractors in Near Your AreaUtah
When you need a good house painter near your areaUT, Thumbtack is the quickest way to find the right contractor for your budget and needs. Painting your home is an excellent way to breathe new life into your property while also significantly increasing its curb appeal. Painting your home inside and out every few years is a relatively affordable and quick home improvement project that delivers a good ROI in more ways than one.
The way a freshly painted home works to boost your peace and happiness cannot be discounted as one of the most rewarding reasons to carry out this home improvement project. An experienced and professional painting contractor can bring any vision you come up with to reality or make great recommendations about different paint brands and colors to lock down a look you'll love. Various colors will even impart a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors like blue and green triggering feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows and light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the exterior and interior of your home also offers many useful benefits for its durability. Paint works as a layer of defense to protect surfaces from a variety of problems caused by bugs, fungus, and climate, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Moisture is one of the worst causes of home decay, but the sealing capability of a quality paint job will keep those surfaces drier – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional handiwork will beautify your house inside and out, significantly raising its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is a simple tool that organizes all the necessary information to let you find the perfect painting contractor for the job. Efficiently browse through profiles of professional painters in your areaUT and the surrounding areas prioritizing the search criteria you care about most, including customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our unique system also allows you to directly communicate with professional house painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Try Thumbtack for yourself now and begin narrowing down your search for a pro who will deliver the quality services you need.