Find a pro in Park City, Utah
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional can approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are a few factors that will determine the total cost. Generally, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the materials being used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Park City, UT
If you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor in Park City, UT, there's no easier way to go about it. The roofing companies you'll discover on our site have the qualifications you’re searching for. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get complete satisfaction on your roofing repairs.
Our app also compiles useful data to help you before you start browsing through our network of qualified roofing contractors.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but listed below are some other aspects to take into account:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to worse problems. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Regular maintenance services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy way to find the right contractors for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is streamlined through our app.