Find a pro in Portage, Utah
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this can really stall the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional can approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and do a fantastic job of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to know exactly how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are several things that will influence the total cost. Usually, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products being used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Portage, UT
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Portage, UT. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, book an appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can count on at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to serious issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
It's unnecessary to deal with a run-down roof when there are so many qualified contractors ready to help. With our user-friendly app, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Portage, UT. Find the perfect contractor for your house today.