Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Portage, Utah
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What are the benefits to cabinet refinishing?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially advantageous home improvement task that plenty of homeowners discover to be worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets instead of buying new ones is a smart way to limit your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than contribute to landfills. The method of manufacturing new cabinets also depletes forests and expels pollution into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly lessened when you choose to repurpose current furniture rather than throw it out. Some other amazing benefits of choosing cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Buying and putting in new kitchen cabinets can be very costly, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to refresh their look relatively affordably.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing can dramatically change the aesthetic of your kitchen through relatively little work and money.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively fast and easy way to refresh their look compared to installing new ones. Because you're reusing current cabinets that have already been hung, you'll bypass the hassle of having new cabinets manufactured or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- High-Quality Results: You can expect professional outcomes when you hire a qualified contractor to carry out your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and skill is crucial to guarantee your cabinets come out as you wished, including following the proper steps of preparing the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
Where does cabinet refacing and refinishing cabinets differ?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two words sometimes used interchangeably, but there are significant differences between the two and handymen will need to know which service you want. Refacing is a process of replacing the doors and drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing refreshes the present doors and drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each service features its own unique approach and gives a certain outcome in the appearance of your cabinets, the key differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How long do cabinets that have been refinished retain their new look
One of the great advantages about wood is that it can be refinished multiple times to make the product appear the way it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, as well. How many times you can refinish cabinets depends on many factors, including the strength of the cabinets, the components, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How long your refinished cabinets will last before the process needs to be followed up depends on wear and tear and what sort of maintenance you perform. A professional cabinet refinishing project should last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or more, depending on the factors mentioned above.
When can cabinet refinishing be the best option for my home?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always less expensive than purchasing new models and is a worthwhile investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: If your cabinets are damaged or decayed, it may be more beneficial to consider replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Priority: If protecting the environment is one of your biggest values, you might want to consider cabinet refinishing as an ideal way to reduce waste by upcycling your current cabinets.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing gives you choices between a wide variety of colors and finishes to achieve a look that is wholly unique and suits your tastes.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're preparing to sell your residence, cabinet refinishing can be a cost-effective way to enhance its value and maximize profits.
- You Are Pleased With the Current Layout and Operability: You're current cabinets may already fit in great with your kitchen's layout and give ideal functionality.
- Minimal Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing requires less chaos to your daily life in contrast to a complete cabinet replacement.
Residents of Portage, UT have related spending nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Prior to deciding on cabinet refinishing, weigh your personal needs, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to understand if this project is best for you.
One Platform for All The Information Necessary To Hire The Right Cabinet Refinisher in Portage, UT Confidently
Cabinet refinishing is an ideal way to transform the aesthetic of your home by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Professional cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, such as paint, stain, or other methods to your present cabinets to deliver a new look that fits your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary perks, and several homeowners in Portage, UT have reported spending up to 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and hung. Attaining a fresh and modern look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, boosting the value of your house in the process.
Environmental considerations also play a part in why many homeowners are choosing to refinish used cabinets versus buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green option that prioritizes eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and reducing demand for cutting more trees.
Another excellent benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the process will be many times less disruptive to your household than the work it takes to install new ones. Regardless of purchasing stock or custom-made new cabinets, the space where they're hung will often face some degree of demolition and reconstruction before they fit properly. The result is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and a convenient alternative for those on a tight schedule.
When selecting an expert for your cabinet refinishing project, gain insights into their knowledge and skill through galleries of past work, if they offer any guarantees on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this valuable information and more is on the simple-to-use Thumbtack site so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Portage, UT with confidence.