Find a Pro in Portage, Utah
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What all does a residential painter do?
Some of the services a professional painter typically performs include:
- Advise the Best Colors: When struggling to pick the most suitable colors for your exterior or interior rooms, a full-service contractor can provide invaluable advice. This will save you time, and you can depend on the experience of your certified expert.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint will have a harder time adhering to surfaces that haven't been properly cleaned, sanded and primed ahead of time. A full-service professional painter understands this and will take care of the prep work before painting begins.
- Keep an Eye Out for Damages: As your home painting service preps for the project, they will assess surfaces for damage. A professional painting contractor will tell you if they discover things like rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These areas need to be fixed before painting can start, of course. Your professional could then direct you towards dependable contractors to perform these repairs, or they could take care of it themselves.
- Carry Out Repairs: Experienced painters are proficient at carrying out such repairs. These include drywall replacement, rotten wood replacement and removal, wallpaper deconstruction, remediating damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. When enlisting a professional painter, you likely don't have to go searching for other contractors to handle these issues.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has prepped the home's surfaces, assessed for damage, and made necessary repairs, they can start painting your exterior and/or interior.
What is the typical hourly rate for painters?
The average painting contractor's price on labor ranges from $22-$43 an hour, not counting tax or product included.
Remember that this average is for the painting services themselves to pay a professional painter hourly. Insurance, tax, equipment, or any gallons of paint is not added in that price.
Is interior painting a good idea?
Almost always the answer will be yes, and there are other valuable benefits gained from interior painting services:
- Raise the Value of Your Residence: A professional paint job can display to interested buyers that you have taken good care of your property. Interior painting can also help sell a home that's on the market quicker, even above its listing price. Even if you are not contemplating listing your home in the foreseeable future, a good interior paint job by a professional painter could last up to 7 years. Interior painting is a home improvement project with one of the highest returns when factoring in the effect on home value and buyer interest.
- Enhance Your Mood at Home: Because interior painting is a relatively inexpensive way to update your residence, it is one of the most effective tools to make your home a more relaxing and happy space. Assuming you haven't painted your house in the past few years and have poor colors that you might not like anymore or never chose, your rooms may not feel like a space where you truly feel at rest. Additionally, growing numbers of people are choosing to work from home and/or staying home a lot more, so making the interior of your home appealing is a higher priority. Depending on which color scheme you choose, a fresh paint color can help you feel differently — calm and rested (blues and greens), lively and productive (yellows and oranges), or even feel comfortable and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your House: Getting your interior painted protects your house now and prevents future damage from occurring inside and outside of your walls. Common interior walls are made of materials that easily absorb moisture. Eventually, enough accumulation of moisture can result in degraded walls which can be risky to your property's structural integrity. Moisture within walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which can result in health issues. Paint works to keep moisture from infiltrating the porous walls of your house.
- Strengthen Air Quality Throughout Your Residence: Paints currently are made with low or no VOCs. If you or your family have allergies, breathing problems, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge benefit and the perfect option for your household. A new coat of paint also keeps dirt and other particles to a minimum which will boost your home's air quality even more.
- Make Your House Look Fantastic: All houses harbor flaws and blemishes. Walls often feature scratches, dings, and marks from the use of your home over time. Getting your home's interior painted covers those cosmetic issues and can make your room look updated and clean. A fresh paint color for your interior can also modernize your living space.
During which period of the year are painters typically the least busy?
One of the biggest selling points about scheduling within the colder months is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The weather often keeps most homeowners from doing projects, so painting companies have more open spots in their schedules.
Therefore, it's possible they'll charge a lower price than what they typically charge in busier times of the year like summer. This is when most painters are booked and don't have time for other appointments.
Knowledgeable House Painting Contractors Serving in Portage, Utah
When you're searching for a dependable house painter near Portage, Utah, Thumbtack is the fastest way to find the perfect contractor suiting your budget and needs. Painting your home is an excellent option to breathe new life into your property while also significantly boosting your home's value. Painting your home inside and out every couple of years is a relatively economical and fast home improvement project that provides a big return on your investment in more ways than one.
How a newly painted home can boost your comfort and happiness cannot be discounted as one of the most rewarding reasons to carry out this home improvement project. An experienced and professional painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you have to reality or make excellent suggestions about various paint brands and colors to lock down a style you'll love. Some colors can even evoke a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors like blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and calm while yellows and light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the outside and interior of your home also offers many useful benefits for its longevity. Paint acts as a sealant to secure surfaces from a range of issues caused by insects, fungus, and climate, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Moisture is one of the leading culprits of structural decay, but the sealing capability of a good paint job will keep those building materials drier – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert results will refresh the appearance of your property inside and out, significantly increasing its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is an easy-to-use tool that brings together all the relevant information to help you uncover the perfect painting contractor for the job. Easily search through profiles of professional painters in Portage, Utah and the surrounding areas focusing on the search criteria you care about most, such as customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our unique platform also enables you to directly communicate with expert house painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Explore Thumbtack for yourself today and begin narrowing down your hunt for a contractor who can deliver the quality services you need.