Find a pro in Randolph, Utah
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in Randolph, Utah. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this is going to push out the timeline. If a storm is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to know exactly how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are several things that will influence the total cost. Generally, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Randolph, Utah
If you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Randolph, Utah, there's no better way to find them. The roofing professionals featured on Thumbtack have the skills and experience you’re looking for. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get total satisfaction on your roof replacement.
It's essential to have a roof you can count on for your house throughout any season. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but here are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious issue and needs attention at once. An established roof repair company can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a convenient option to find the right professionals for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is streamlined with our platform.