Find a Cabinet Painter in Roosevelt, Utah
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // Utah // Roosevelt
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Will I be restricted to the type of paint I can use for my cabinets?
An often asked question is about the type of paint used on cabinets and if there is a difference between it and the paint used on walls. There are differences due to the fact that cabinets and walls are very distinct surfaces, and the kind of paint typically used for home walls will face some challenges when trying to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Most kitchen cabinets have slippery surfaces due to the materials used in their design to give them their modern appearance. Common wall paints will not stick properly to cabinets and can start chipping or flaking off prematurely. The type of paint professionals use for cabinets has adhesives that allows it to stick to these slippery surfaces better, and is also usually thicker to ensure longer durability. The chemicals and composition of cabinet paint also necessitates extended drying and curing times than those usually applied to walls.
How can I know I've found the right cabinet painter?
Comparing cabinet painters to find the most suitable one for your needs and vision requires a substantial amount of consideration. A good place to start is by knowing exactly what look you want to achieve for your kitchen cabinets. You should ask candidates to view a sample of their prior work matching your vision beforehand to get a feel for their experience and ability. Trustworthy contractors would be pleased to grant this request, and many keep a gallery of pictures for potential customers to browse through on their website.
You need to have a defined budget worked out while shopping around for professional cabinet painting contractors, as costs sometimes fluctuate largely. Make sure that any painter you consider provides documentation of all equipment and labor costs as well as clear verbal communication throughout the project about it's timeline. What you don't need is for any surprises to occur once the project begins that will raise costs higher than you budgeted for.
Give attention to the professional's reliability by evaluating any online client reviews. Most professional painters will have comments and reviews from previous customers available online, and these can be a great way to find out if they have a history of delivering the services you need on time and on budget.
Is the tedious prep stage a necessity prior to painting my cabinets?
It's always enticing to quickly start painting and get your kitchen remodeling project going, but there is some prep that needs to be done beforehand to ensure your cabinets look great and are protected from the heavy-use they will likely see in the years to come. Cabinet painting can quickly turn into an overwhelming task when attempting it on your own, but a professional will quickly and efficiently bring your vision to life beginning with the most important prepping phase of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's critical that any dirt or grease are fully removed from cabinet surfaces before painting or staining or it could hinder their adherence. The cleaning stage is also a good time to disassemble the cabinets and its components, including drawers, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the next steps easier and more effective.
- Sanding: The good news is that innovations in home improvement have made great leaps, and there are products that professionals use to make some of these prepping steps a breeze. Deglossers, also called liquid sandpaper, is a chemical product that quickly removes gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the messy process of sanding in the old way is virtually obsolete. Liquid abrasives can also penetrate to those edges that would be exceedingly difficult to get to with traditional sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming will be necessary in most cases, as it serves a vital purpose for the painting that comes next, such as allowing for better adhesion, blocking stains and imperfections from bleeding through, and providing an added layer of protection over the cabinet surface. If the current paint was oil-based and you cover it with a latex paint without priming, it will only peel off and need to be repainted sooner than you'd like.
What things are considered when it comes to the cost of painting cabinets?
There are many things that play into the cost of having your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, such as the size and complexity of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what type of paint is needed, and the rates of the contractor. Around Roosevelt, Utah, you will pay anywhere from a couple hundred to a couple thousand dollars for a good cabinet painter, so it's recommended to first seek out quotes from multiple professionals listed on the Thumbtack site to get an accurate estimate based on your needs and vision.
- Kitchen Size or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the complexity of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of the requested services, contractors could bill you according to square footage or by the number of cabinet doors and drawers.
- Kind of Paint and Finish: The painter will have to recoup the cost of materials if you aren't providing them, and these usually vary by quality. Per-gallon price of paints used with cabinet painting range anywhere from $20 to $100 or more for designer brands with a gallon typically being enough for the average kitchen.
- Labor: Labor will be your most significant expenditure when it comes to professional cabinet painting, but your schedule could also raise or lower the overall price depending on what season of the year or how fast you want the project finished.
You'll need to discuss your kitchen's specific cabinets and layout and your vision for them with more than one professional to find the best price.
Choose a Cabinet Painter Near Roosevelt, Utah Who Will Bring Your Vision to Reality
A quick way to increase the value of your home and update the appearance of your kitchen simultaneously is by hiring a professional cabinet painter. Cabinet painting is a more affordable alternative to expensive replacements that also requires less messes and disruptive demolition and reconstruction. Most kinds of wood, manufactured wood, and metal cabinets can be painted to hide years of wear and tear and deliver a new look that will match your current tastes.
The cost of a professional cabinet painter around Roosevelt, Utah fluctuates, but some homeowners have reported spending less than a third on their painting project than on full cabinet replacements. Besides the fluctuation in labor rates charged by contractors in your area, factors such as the kind of paint chosen, the complexity of your kitchen and cabinets, and the scope of the project will determine how much you pay in the end. Be sure to start by coming up with a budget and then inquire several different painters to discover an accurate estimate of how much your one-of-a-kind project will cost.
There are also perks for the planet when you decide to let a professional paint your cabinets rather than throw them out and install new ones. The manufacturing process of wood or metal cabinets expels many toxic chemicals into the environment, and discarding wood cabinets fills up landfills and heightens demand for logging. Your current cabinets could be in fair enough condition to easily paint, refinish, and hang with an updated look that you'll love.
When looking for the best cabinet painting professional matching your budget and needs, you should look at their client reviews, gallery of previous work, and inquire about pricing and schedule. A dependable painter will be happy to share their history of past projects similar to yours to give you peace of mind, and will talk with you about your cabinets and plan so you understand exactly what to expect when the project is complete. Find all important information necessary to vet and hire a professional cabinet painter near Roosevelt, Utah easily with the convenient Thumbtack platform today.