Find a Cabinet Painter in Wendover, Utah
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // Utah // Wendover
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Will it matter which kind of paint I pick for my cabinets?
A commonly asked question pertains to the kind of paint used for cabinets and if there is a difference between it and the paint used on walls. There are distinctions due to the fact that cabinets and walls are very different surfaces, and the variety of paint usually used for home walls will face some difficulties when trying to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Many kitchen cabinets have smooth surfaces because of the materials used in their construction to give them that sleek aesthetic. Common wall paints may not adhere properly to cabinets or begin chipping or flaking off prematurely. The kind of paint professionals use for cabinets has adhesives that allows it to stick to these slippery surfaces better, and is also generally thicker to guarantee longer durability. The chemicals and composition of cabinet paint also needs extended time to dry and cure than those usually applied to walls.
How do I know I've found the right cabinet painter?
Comparing cabinet painting contractors to discover the perfect one for your specifications and vision requires a substantial amount of work. A good place to begin is by understanding exactly what style you're trying to achieve with your kitchen cabinets. You should ask contractors to see samples of their prior work matching your vision beforehand to get a sense of their experience and skill. Professional contractors will be more than happy to grant this request, and many keep a gallery of pictures for potential clients to browse through on their in-person or online.
You should have a set budget in mind when choosing professional cabinet painting contractors, as costs often fluctuate significantly. Check that any painter you consider gives written statements of all material and labor expenses and gives clear verbal communication throughout the process about it's timeline. What you don't need is for unexpected surprises to occur once the project commences that can raise costs above what you planned for.
Give attention to the professional's reliability by assessing their online client reviews. Most experienced painters will have feedback and reviews from previous clients available online, and these are also a great way to find out if they have a history of delivering the services you expect on time and on budget.
Can I paint my cabinets without sanding?
It's may be tempting to immediately begin painting and get your home improvement project moving forward, but there is some prep that needs to be done beforehand to ensure your cabinets look great and hold up to the heavy-use they will likely see in the future. Cabinet painting will quickly turn into an overwhelming project when attempting it on your own, but a professional can quickly and efficiently bring your vision to reality starting with the most common prepping phase of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's crucial that all dirt and grime are completely cleaned from cabinet surfaces prior to painting or staining or it might affect their adherence. The cleaning stage is also a good time to take apart the cabinets and their hardware, like drawers, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the following steps easier and more effective.
- Sanding: The good news is that efficiencies in home improvement have made notable strides, and there are products today which professionals use to make some of these prepping steps easier. Deglossers, also referred to as liquid sandpaper, is a chemical product that quickly removes gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the long method of sanding in the old way is virtually obsolete. Liquid abrasives will also penetrate to any places that are exceedingly challenging to get to with traditional sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming is necessary in many cases, and it serves many important purposes for the painting that comes next, such as enabling better adhesion, blocking stains and imperfections from showing through, and providing a protective layer over the cabinet surface. If the previous paint is oil-based and you cover it with a latex paint without priming, it will only peel away and need to be repainted sooner than you'd like.
What is the average price of an experienced cabinet painter?
There are several factors that play into the price of having your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, including the size and layout of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what kind of paint is needed, and the labor costs of the contractor. In Wendover, UT, you could pay anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars for a good cabinet painter, so it's advised to first obtain quotes from multiple professionals listed on the Thumbtack platform to gain an accurate estimate based on your requirements and vision.
- Kitchen Complexity or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the layout of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of your project, contractors may bill you based on square footage or by the number of cabinet doors and drawers.
- Variety of Paint and Finish: Your contractor must recoup the price of materials if you aren't providing them, and these usually vary by quality. Per-gallon rates for paints used in cabinet refinishing range anywhere from twenty to one hundred dollars or more for designer brands with a gallon typically being plenty for most kitchens.
- Labor: Labor will be your most significant expenditure when paying for professional cabinet painting, but your requested timeline could also raise or lower the overall price depending on what time of the year or how soon you want the job performed.
You'll need to talk about your home's specific cabinets and layout as well as your vision for them with more than one contractor to find the best price.
Find a Cabinet Painting Contractor in Wendover, UT Who Can Bring Your Ideas to Reality
A quick way to increase the value of your house and update the look of your kitchen simultaneously is by hiring an experienced cabinet painter. Painting your cabinets can be a cost-efficient alternative to expensive replacements that also requires less messy and chaotic demolition and reconstruction. Many types of wood, engineered wood, or even metal cabinets can be painted to conceal years of wear and tear and deliver an updated look that will suit your current tastes.
The price of a professional cabinet painter in Wendover, UT fluctuates, but some homeowners have reported spending less than a third on their painting project versus full cabinet replacements. Other than the variation in labor rates charged by contractors in your area, aspects such as the brand of paint chosen, the layout of your kitchen and cabinets, and the size of the project will dictate how much you pay in the end. Be sure to start by coming up with a budget and then ask around among a number of different painters to uncover an accurate estimate of how much your one-of-a-kind project will cost.
There are also perks for the planet when you opt to let a contractor paint your cabinets rather than throw them out and install new models. The manufacturing methods with wood or metal cabinets expels many toxic chemicals into the environment, and throwing out wood cabinets fills up landfills and raises demand for new materials. Your present cabinets may be in good enough shape to simply paint, refinish, and hang with an updated look that you'll love.
While hunting for the best cabinet painting professional aligning with your budget and specifications, you should evaluate their client reviews, gallery of previous work, and inquire about pricing and timeline. A reliable contractor will be happy to show you their history of delivering projects similar to yours to put you at ease, and will talk with you about your cabinets and vision so you understand exactly what to expect when the job is finished. Find all the information you need to vet and pick a professional cabinet painter near Wendover, UT confidently with the convenient Thumbtack platform today.