Find a Pro in Amherst, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
How much do most painters charge hourly?
Typically, a painter's cost of services varies from $22-$43 an hour, and that doesn't include taxes or overhead.
Be mindful that this pricing is for the labor of painting services to pay an expert painter hourly. That's only the labor. Insurance, taxes, tools, or any gallons of paint is not reflected in that cost.
Does interior painting give a worthwhile ROI?
Almost always the answer will be yes, and these are other valuable benefits to be had from interior painting projects:
- Boost the Value of Your Residence: A professional paint job will communicate to potential buyers that you have taken good care of your home. Interior painting will also help sell a home that's on the market quicker, even over listing price. Even if you are not thinking about selling your home in the near future, a good interior paint job by an expert painting contractor can last up to 7 years. Interior painting can be thought of as a home improvement project with one of the highest returns when considering the impact on home value and buyer interest.
- Improve Your Mood at Home: Because interior painting is an economical way to update your home, it can be one of the best tools to make your home a more relaxing and happy space. Assuming you have not painted your house in the past few years and have boring colors that you either don't like anymore or didn't choose, your home may not be a space where you truly feel at rest. Also, many residents are working at home and/or staying home a lot more, so making the colors of your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on what color scheme you go with, the right paint color will affect your mood as you desire — peaceful and relaxed (blues and greens), energetic and productive (yellows and oranges), and even feel comfortable and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your Home: Getting your interior painted safeguards your home now and prevents future damage from occurring inside and outside of your walls. Many interior walls are manufactured with materials which easily absorb moisture. Eventually, enough accumulation of moisture will result in degraded walls which can be detrimental to your home's structural integrity. Moisture within walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which may result in health dangers. Paint is designed to seal out water from getting through the porous walls of your house.
- Boost Air Quality Throughout Your Residence: Paints now are produced with low or no volatile organic compounds. In case you or your family have allergies, breathing problems, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and a great option for your interior. A new application of paint also keeps dirt and other pollutants to a minimum which will boost your household's air quality even more.
- Make Your House Look Great: All houses have flaws and imperfections. Walls frequently feature dents, dings, and marks from wear and tear to your home over the years. Getting your house's interior painted eliminates all cosmetic issues and will make your room look refreshed and clean. A lustrous coat of paint applied by an expert contractor will also update your home with a contemporary look.
What is the least busiest season of year for painting contractors?
One of the biggest advantages to hiring within the winter season is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The chillier conditions often keep people from doing home improvement projects, so painting companies have the availability.
Therefore, it's possible they'll decrease their rates than what they normally do in busier seasons like summer. Summer is a time when most painting contractors are scheduled around the clock for months on end.
What is the estimated labor cost to paint the interior of a house?
The cost to paint the interior of your home depends on the square footage of the room. A single 300-square-foot space will be much more economical than the entire home, especially a larger one.
On average, expect to pay between $3 to $7 per square foot when hiring a local painter to paint the interior of your home. You'll pay less if you paint the house on your own or live in an area with low labor costs. However, some factors can cause the job to cost even more, and you may spend upwards of $8 per square foot or higher if you have high ceilings, need wall repair, or want accents.
Hire an Experienced House Painter To Refresh Your Living Spaces in in Amherst, Virginia
When you require a dependable residential painter near Amherst, Virginia, Thumbtack is the fastest way to find the right contractor for your budget and schedule. Painting your house is a great choice to breathe new life into your living space while also significantly increasing your home's value. Painting your house inside and out every couple of years is a relatively economical and fast home improvement project that delivers a big return on your investment in more ways than one.
The way a beautifully painted house works to boost your peace and happiness shouldn't be discounted as one of the most rewarding reasons to perform this home improvement project. A skilled and knowledgeable painting contractor can bring any vision you come up with to reality or make excellent suggestions about various paint brands and colors to lock down a look you'll love. Various colors will even evoke a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors such as blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and calm while yellows and light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the outside and interior of your home also features several useful advantages for its longevity. Paint works as a sealant to protect surfaces from a range of issues resulting from insects, fungus, and climate, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Moisture is one of the leading culprits of home decay, but the sealing capability of a good paint job will keep those building materials drier – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional work will refresh the appearance of your home inside and out, notably increasing its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is an all-in-one platform that collects all the important information to let you discover the best painting contractor for the job. Easily look through profiles of professional painters in Amherst, Virginia and nearby areas focusing on the search criteria you care about most, including customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our all-in-one system also enables you to directly message expert residential painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Try Thumbtack for yourself now and start narrowing down your search for the contractor who will deliver the quality and value you deserve.