Find a Cabinet Painter in Andover, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // Virginia // Andover
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Which variety of paint is used on cabinets?
A frequently asked question pertains to the type of paint used on cabinets and if there is any difference between it and that used for walls. There are distinctions due to the fact that cabinets and walls are very distinct surfaces, and the variety of paint preferred for interior walls will face some difficulties when attempting to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Most kitchen cabinets have smooth surfaces because of the materials used in their design to give them their modern look. Typical wall paints may not stick adequately to cabinets and can begin to chip and flake off prematurely. The type of paint professionals choose for cabinets has adhesives that allows it to stick to these slippery surfaces better, and is also usually thicker to ensure longer durability. The chemicals and composition of cabinet paint also necessitates extended drying and curing times than those generally applied to walls.
Will any cabinet painting contractor suffice for my project?
Comparing cabinet painting contractors to uncover the most suitable one for your specifications and vision takes a substantial amount of effort. The best place to begin is by knowing precisely what look you're trying to achieve for your kitchen cabinets. You should ask contractors to see a sample of their prior work matching what you're looking for beforehand to gain a feel for their experience and ability. Reliable contractors would be pleased to accommodate this request, and many keep a gallery of pictures for potential clients to browse through on their website.
You need to have a defined budget in mind when choosing professional cabinet painting contractors, as costs sometimes fluctuate significantly. Check that any contractor you consider provides written statements of all material and labor expenses as well as clear verbal communication during the project about it's timeline. The last thing you want is for unexpected surprises to occur after the project has started that will raise costs above what you budgeted for.
Give attention to the professional's dependability by evaluating any online client reviews. Most experienced painters will have feedback and reviews from past clients for view online, and these can be an efficient way to judge their ability to deliver the services you expect on time and on budget.
Will I have to prime cabinets cabinets prior to painting?
It's always tempting to immediately begin dipping brushes into paint and get your kitchen remodeling project going, but there is some prep that needs to happen first to ensure your cabinets look great and are protected from the heavy-use they will likely see in the years to come. Cabinet painting will quickly become an overwhelming task when attempting it alone, but a professional will quickly and efficiently bring your vision to life beginning with the most important prepping stage of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's very important that any dirt or grime are fully removed from cabinet surfaces prior to painting or staining or it could affect their adherence. The cleaning stage is also a good time to disassemble the cabinets and its components, including doors, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the following stages easier and more efficient.
- Sanding: The good news is that innovations in home improvement have made great advancements, and there are products today which professionals use to make one of these prepping steps easier. Deglossers, also called liquid sandpaper, is a chemical abrasive that quickly strips gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the messy process of sanding in the old way is virtually obsolete. Deglossers will also penetrate to any places that are exceedingly difficult to get to with traditional sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming is necessary in most cases, as it serves many important purposes for the painting that comes next, such as enabling better adhesion, preventing stains and imperfections from bleeding through, and providing a protective layer over the cabinet surface. If the existing paint is oil-based and you cover it with a latex paint before priming, it will only chip away and need to be repainted sooner than expected.
How much will it cost to paint my used cabinets?
There are many factors that affect the price of having your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, such as the size and layout of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what type of paint will be used, and the rates of the contractor. Around Andover, Virginia, you will pay anywhere from a couple hundred to a couple thousand dollars for a good cabinet painter, and it's suggested to first seek out quotes from several professionals listed on the Thumbtack site to gain an accurate estimate based on your requirements and vision.
- Kitchen Complexity or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the layout of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of your project, contractors may bill you according to square footage or by the number of cabinet doors and drawers.
- Variety of Paint and Finish: Your painter will have to recoup the price of paint and other equipment unless you're providing them, and these generally vary by quality. Per-gallon cost of paints utilized with cabinet refinishing range anywhere from twenty to one hundred dollars or more for designer brands with one gallon typically being enough for the average kitchen.
- Labor: Labor will be your largest expense when it comes to professional cabinet painting, but your requested timeline could also raise or lower the overall cost depending on what season of the year or how fast you want the project finished.
You'll want to talk about your kitchen's particular cabinets and layout as well as your ideas for them with more than one contractor to uncover an accurate estimate of price.
Renew Your Kitchen for Less With a Reliable Cabinet Painter in Andover, Virginia
An exceptional way to enhance the value of your home and update the appearance of your kitchen simultaneously is by enlisting an experienced cabinet painter. Painting your cabinets can be a more affordable option over expensive replacements that also requires less messes and chaotic demolition and reconstruction. Most types of wood, manufactured wood, and metal cabinets can be painted to eliminate years of wear and tear and provide an updated look that will match your current tastes.
The price of a professional cabinet painting contractor near Andover, Virginia fluctuates, but some homeowners have reported spending as much as three times less on their painting project versus full cabinet replacements. Other than the difference in labor rates charged by contractors in your location, aspects such as the kind of paint chosen, the layout of your kitchen and cabinets, and the scope of the project will determine how much you ultimately pay. You should start by coming up with a budget and then ask around among a number of different painting contractors to uncover an accurate estimate of how much your unique project will cost.
There are also advantages for the planet when you choose to let a contractor paint your cabinets rather than throw them out and install new models. The manufacturing process with wood or metal cabinets expels many toxic chemicals into the environment, and discarding wood cabinets fills up landfills and raises demand for logging. Your current cabinets could be in fair enough shape to easily paint, refinish, and hang with a fresh new look that you'll be proud to own.
While looking for the right cabinet painting professional matching your budget and specifications, you should analyze their client reviews, portfolio of past work, and inquire about pricing and schedule. A reliable painter will be happy to share their history of past projects similar to yours to put you at ease, and will discuss your cabinets and plan so you know precisely what to expect when the job is complete. Locate all important information needed to vet and hire a professional cabinet painter in Andover, Virginia easily with the convenient Thumbtack platform today.