Find a Cabinet Painter in Appalachia, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // Virginia // Appalachia
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
What type of paint is used with cabinets?
An often asked question pertains to the kind of paint used on cabinets and if there is a difference between it and the paint used on walls. There are differences because cabinets and walls are very different surfaces, and the type of paint generally used for interior walls will encounter some challenges when trying to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Many kitchen cabinets have smooth surfaces due to the materials used in their construction to give them their elegant look. Typical wall paints may not adhere adequately to cabinets and can start chipping or flaking off prematurely. The kind of paint professionals choose for cabinets contains adhesives that helps it stick to these slick surfaces better, and is also generally thicker to ensure longer durability. The chemicals and structure of cabinet paint also needs extended time to dry and cure than those typically applied to walls.
How do I determine if I've chosen the right cabinet painter?
Comparing cabinet painting contractors to find the perfect one for your specifications and vision takes a substantial amount of work. A good place to focus on is by knowing exactly what aesthetic you want to achieve for your kitchen cabinets. You should ask candidates to view a sample of their past work similar to your vision beforehand to gain a sense of their experience and skill. Professional contractors will be pleased to accommodate this request, and many retain a gallery of pictures for potential customers to browse through on their in-person or online.
You need to have a set budget in mind while shopping around for professional cabinet painting contractors, as prices sometimes fluctuate widely. Check that any contractor you consider gives documentation of all equipment and labor costs as well as clear verbal communication during the process about it's expected completion. What you don't want is for unexpected surprises to occur after the project commences that will raise costs above what you budgeted for.
Pay close attention to the professional's dependability by evaluating their online customer reviews. Most experienced painters will have comments and reviews from past customers available online, and these are also a great way to find out if they have a history of delivering the services you need on time and within budget.
Could I get away with painting my cabinets without sanding?
It's may be tempting to quickly start dipping brushes into paint and get your home improvement project going, but there is some prep that needs to be done beforehand to ensure your cabinets look great and hold up to the heavy-use they will likely see in the years to come. Cabinet painting can quickly turn into an overwhelming project when doing it on your own, but a professional will quickly and efficiently bring your vision to reality beginning with the most important prepping stage of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's very important that any dirt and grime are thoroughly removed from cabinet surfaces before painting or staining or it could affect their adherence. The cleaning phase is also the right time to take apart the cabinets and its gear, including doors, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the following steps easier and more effective.
- Sanding: The good news is that innovations in home improvement have made great advancements, and there are products today which professionals use to make one of these prepping steps easier. Deglossers, also known as liquid sandpaper, is a chemical abrasive that quickly removes gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the messy method of sanding in the old way is virtually obsolete. Deglossers can also penetrate to any places that would be exceedingly difficult to get to with regular sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming is necessary in many cases, and it serves many important purposes for the painting that follows, such as allowing for better adhesion, preventing stains and imperfections from showing through, and providing a protective layer over the cabinet surface. If the existing paint was oil-based and you cover it with a latex paint without priming, it will only flake off and require repainting sooner than expected.
What factors are considered when it comes to establishing cost of painting cabinets?
There are several factors that affect the cost of getting your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, including the size and complexity of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what kind of paint will be used, and the labor costs of the contractor. In Appalachia, Virginia, you could pay anywhere from a couple hundred to a couple thousand dollars for a professional cabinet painter, and it's advised to first obtain quotes from several professionals listed on the Thumbtack platform to get an accurate estimate based on your needs and vision.
- Kitchen Layout or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the complexity of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of the requested services, painters could charge you according to square footage or by the number of cabinet doors and drawers.
- Variety of Paint and Finish: The painter must recoup the cost of materials if you aren't providing them, and these typically vary by quality. Per-gallon rates for paints used in cabinet painting range anywhere from twenty to one hundred dollars or more for designer brands with a gallon usually being plenty for the average kitchen.
- Labor: Labor will be your biggest expenditure when paying for professional cabinet painting, but your schedule could also raise or lower the overall price depending on what season of the year or how fast you want the project performed.
You'll want to talk about your kitchen's particular cabinets and layout as well as your vision for them with more than one professional to find the best price.
Find a Cabinet Painting Contractor in Appalachia, Virginia to Bring Your Ideas to Life
A smart way to boost the value of your house and refresh the appearance of your kitchen simultaneously is by hiring a professional cabinet painter. Cabinet painting is a cost-efficient alternative to expensive replacements that also results in less messes and disruptive demolition and reconstruction. Many kinds of wood, engineered wood, or even metal cabinets can be painted to conceal years of heavy use and provide an updated look that will suit your evolving tastes.
The cost of a professional cabinet painting contractor in Appalachia, Virginia fluctuates, but some customers have reported spending less than a third on their painting project than on full cabinet replacements. Besides the variation in labor rates of different contractors in your location, aspects such as the kind of paint chosen, the complexity of your kitchen and cabinets, and the size of the project will dictate how much you pay in the end. You should first come up with a budget and then inquire a number of different painters to uncover an accurate estimate of how much your unique project will cost.
There are also perks for the environment when you choose to let a professional paint your cabinets instead of throw them out and install new ones. The manufacturing methods of wood and metal cabinets expels many toxic chemicals into the environment, and throwing out wood cabinets fills up landfills and raises demand for logging. Your present cabinets could be in fair enough shape to easily paint, refinish, and hang with an updated look that you'll be proud to own.
When searching for the right cabinet painting professional matching your budget and specifications, you should evaluate their customer reviews, gallery of past work, and inquire about pricing and timeline. A reliable painter will be willing to share their history of executing projects similar to yours to put you at ease, and will discuss your cabinets and plan so you understand exactly what to expect when the project is finished. Find all the information necessary to vet and choose a professional cabinet painter in Appalachia, Virginia confidently with the convenient Thumbtack platform today.