Find a Pro in Appalachia, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Exterior Painting Professionals nearExterior Painting // Virginia // Appalachia
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
What exterior paint color should you pick?
When you're deciding on a paint color for your home's exterior, choosing a classic color that goes with your overall aesthetic will be the right choice. It's fairly affordable to enhance the appearance of your home with help from a knowledgeable and equipped contractor. These are some of the factors you should consider when deciding on a color for your exterior painting project:
- Color arrangement: The colors you pick should complement the overarching look you're going for and the atmosphere you want to form. Make it reflect your personal tastes, especially if you're someone who works from home or spends substantial time there.
- Feeling calm and relaxed: Greens and blues are tasteful hues that have the ability to put you at ease.
- Productive and energetic: For fresh color that's distinctive from the others, oranges and yellows are bright enough to attain the desired results.
- Comfort: Subdued, neutral colors like gray, beige, and off-white can make a home feel more pleasant and content.
How can recruiting an exterior painting professional improve your project?
Hiring an exterior painting company to apply new paint to your home will usually provide you with a better outcome than you could attain by yourself. DIY projects don't always go as you hope unless you have the materials and training to execute the project to the highest quality standards. Instead of spending time covering up errors, homeowners can recruit an exterior painter to carry out the project as adeptly as possible. The training they've garnered from their experience in the industry will be mirrored in the level of quality exhibited in their workmanship. From pressure washing the exterior, applying primer and paint, and handling the cleanup afterward, you need to hire a contractor to carry it out. With their first-rate approach and guaranteed work, you don't have to worry about them taking shortcuts or delivering subpar results.
How can you prepare your home for an exterior painting service?
Exterior painting delivers outstanding results when it is completed with careful attention to detail and according to the highest standards. Professional contractors are prepared with the skills, materials, and strategies to perform the project with exceptional workmanship. First-rate workmanship starts with taking precautions that allow the paint to stick and look great for many years. Prepare for an exterior painting project by taking these steps:
- Power wash: Removing dirt and grime gives you a clean area to start working on, so using pressure washing equipment is an effective way to rinse it off.
- Scrape off chipped paint: Sanding down and scraping old paint will get rid of flaky or cracked pieces that are still remaining.
- Prepare surface: Surface repair compounds can repair irregularities on exterior siding so that you can work on a flat surface.
- Recaulk: Fix caulk on windows and trim to then paint it with a smooth varnish.
- Put down drop cloths: Protect your yard from paint by placing drop cloths on sidewalks, shrubs, and decks.
- Priming: Applying primer on bare wood and area that's been repaired to allow the paint to stick.
What is the cost associated with painting the exterior of a home?
The cost of exterior painting services depends on the size of the home, prep work, and paint. A one-level home can cost around $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-level home. It's a great investment for many homeowners who want to maximize their property's curb appeal and keep it damage-free from the elements at all times. Another factor that can add to the overall cost is how knowledgeable your contractor is because it can equal high-quality workmanship and guaranteed services. Reach out to a painting contractor near you who can evaluate the project and offer you an accurate estimate for the price you can anticipate to pay.
Compare and Hire Exterior House Painting Services in Appalachia, Virginia
Begin browsing for an exterior painter on Thumbtack, so you can easily compare and hire companies in Appalachia, Virginia. If your home needs a fresh coat of paint, you can hire a professional with the qualifications and knowledge to deliver high-quality services. You can update your home's aesthetic with a fresh pop of color that provides a hardwearing barrier preventing damage simultaneously. By seeking out a professional to carry out the project, you're ensuring the work will be of high-quality standards.
On our comprehensive home management platform, you can efficiently search for contractors, take a look at ratings, and read testimonials. Homeowners can take a look at other exterior painting projects to gain an understanding of what they can provide. Look through candidate profiles and easing your search is more efficient when you download our no-charge app. It's systematic and easy to use for homeowners to find the best candidates for the project in their area. Additionally, you can direct message professionals, receive an estimate, and set up an appointment all on one platform.
Discuss the details of the project with an exterior painter who can deliver beneficial recommendations and help you come up with an attractive color combination. Having a freshly painted home can raise your property value and generally make it the envy of the neighborhood. It's awesome what a good sheen, color, and application can do to bring some new life into a place. Thumbtack is available to make your home improvement visions come true with help from many local professionals ready to start the project and deliver excellent work. Get an excellent finished product by using our app and contacting a knowledgeable professional to take care of every step in the process with the utmost attention to detail.