Find a Pro in Arrington, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
How should you go about picking the most suitable exterior paint color?
When you're deciding on a paint color scheme for your home's exterior, selecting an elegant color that complements your overall design will be the ideal choice. It's fairly inexpensive to enhance the appearance of your home with help from a skilled and experienced contractor. These are some of the factors you should think about when choosing a color pattern for your exterior painting project:
- Color pattern: The colors you choose should complement the overall design you're aiming for and the ambiance you want to spend time in. Make the space your own, especially for people who work from home or spend substantial time there.
- Feeling relaxed and calm: Blues and greens are stylish hues that have the propensity to put you at ease.
- Energetic and productive: For fresh color that sticks out from the others, yellows and oranges are bold enough to do the trick.
- Comfort: Subdued, versatile colors like off-white, gray, and beige can make a property feel more pleasant and content.
What benefits come with the choice to recruit a professional contractor for exterior painting?
Recruiting an exterior painter to apply new paint to your property will typically provide you with a better outcome than you could achieve on your own. DIY projects rarely go as you hope unless you're equipped with the tools and training to perform the project to industry standards. Instead of covering up errors, homeowners can seek an exterior painter to carry out the project as skillfully as possible. The skill they've garnered from their experience in the industry will be reflected in the degree of quality exhibited in their workmanship. From power washing the outside, putting on the primer and paint, and handling the cleanup afterward, you need to a contractor to do it all. With their high-quality process and guaranteed craftsmanship, you don't have to deal with them taking shortcuts or providing less-than-optimal results.
What steps need to be taken to ready a home for exterior painting?
Exterior painting offers the best results when it's carried out with careful attention to detail and according to high-quality standards. Professional contractors are equipped with the knowledge, tools, and strategies to conduct the project with exceptional craftsmanship. First-rate craftsmanship starts with taking precautions that allow the paint to stay and look great for a long time. These are certain steps you need to take to prepare for an exterior painting project:
- Power wash: Getting rid of dirt and grime gives you a clear area to work with, so using power washing equipment is a great way to wash it off.
- Scrape off loose paint: Scraping and sanding down old paint will get rid of cracked or flaky parts that are still remaining.
- Get surface ready: Surface repair compounds can take care of damage on exterior siding so that you can work with a clean texture.
- Recaulk: Redo caulk on windows and trim to then paint it for a streamlined result.
- Utilize drop cloths: Keep paint away from your yard by placing drop cloths on sidewalks, shrubs, and decks.
- Priming: Rolling primer on bare wood and area that's been smoothed out to allow the paint to adhere.
How much does it cost to paint a home's exterior?
The expenses related to exterior painting services are based on the prep work, paint, and size of the home. A one-level property can have a price of around $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-level property. It's a great project for many homeowners who want to boost their property's aesthetic appeal and keep it damage-free from the elements at all times. Another factor that can influence the overall price is how experienced your contractor is because it can equal higher quality craftsmanship and guaranteed services. Contact a painting contractor near you who can assess the project and provide you with an accurate quote for the expenses you can expect to pay.
Thumbtack is the Streamlined Way to Find Exterior Painting Companies Near Arrington, VA
Start browsing for an exterior painter on Thumbtack, where you can conveniently compare and seek the assistance of companies in Arrington, VA. If your property needs some new paint, you can recruit a contractor with the training and background to provide excellent services. You can upgrade your property's curb appeal with new paint that also offers a durable barrier preventing damage from moisture. By seeking out a contractor to carry out the project, you're making sure it'll be of high-quality standards.
On our comprehensive home management app, you can swiftly browse for professionals, take a look at ratings, and read customer reviews. Homeowners can take a look at other exterior painting projects to gain a better idea of what they can offer. Search through contractor profiles and easing your search is more efficient when you download our free platform. It's systematic and easy to use for homeowners to pick the best candidates for the project near them. Additionally, you can send direct messages, receive a quote, and set up a consultation all on one platform.
Go over the project details with an exterior painter who can offer you beneficial tips and help you come up with an elegant color scheme. Having a freshly painted home can raise your property value and generally make it stand out in the best way. It's incredible what a good sheen, color, and application can do to add some new life into a place. Thumbtack is available to make your home improvement visions come true with help from a number of local contractors prepared to begin the project and deliver exceptional craftsmanship. Get an exceptional finished product by downloading our app and contacting a knowledgeable professional to take care of the whole process with the utmost attention to detail.