Find a Pro in Arrington, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What array of services will a house painter provide?
A few of the functions a vetted painter generally conducts include:
- Pick Colors: When struggling to pick the most suitable colors for your exterior or interior rooms, a full-service contractor will help you in this regard. Services like this can save you time, and you can rely on the knowledge of your vetted painter.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint will have a difficult time sticking to surfaces that aren't properly cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service professional painter understands this and can take care of the prep stage before painting commences.
- Identify Damages: As your residential painter prepares for the paint job, they should be assessing surfaces for trouble signs. A professional painting contractor will let you know if they discover anything such as rotted wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These damages need to be fixed before the project can begin, of course. Your professional may then recommend reliable contractors to perform these repairs, or they will take care of it themselves.
- Conduct Light Fixes: Most painting contractors are proficient at carrying out such repairs. These include drywall fixes, rotted wood replacement or removal, wallpaper removal, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and more. By enlisting an expert painter, you likely won't need to go looking for other contractors to handle these issues.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has prepped your home's surfaces, checked for structural issues, and made necessary repairs, they will begin painting your exterior and/or interior.
What's the common rate per hour for most painters?
Typically, a painting contractor's cost of labor varies from $22-$43 an hour, not counting tax or product included.
Take into account that this cost is for the labor of painting services to pay a painting contractor per hour. Therefore, it does not reflect the cost of insurance, tax, equipment, or any gallons of paint.
Is it a good decision to prioritize interior painting for my property?
Almost always the answer will be yes, and there are benefits from interior painting services:
- Boost the Value of Your Residence: A great paint job will display to interested buyers that you have taken good care of your property. It will also help sell a residence that's on the market faster, even over asking price. Even if you are not considering selling your residence in the near future, a proper interior paint job by an expert painter could last up to 7 years. Interior painting can be thought of as a home improvement investment with one of the best ROIs when considering the impact on property value and appeal.
- Boost Your Mood at Home: Since interior painting is an economical project to update your home, it is one of the best tools to make your home a more comforting and happy space. Assuming you have not painted your interior recently or have boring colors that you either don't like anymore or didn't choose, your rooms may not feel like a space where you truly feel at rest. Additionally, growing numbers of people are working at home and/or staying home more in general, so making the colors in your home appealing is a higher priority. Depending on the color scheme you pick, the right paint color will help you feel differently — peaceful and rested (blues and greens), lively and motivated (yellows and oranges), or even feel comfortable and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your Home: Having your interior painted protects your property now by preventing future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. Many interior walls are constructed of materials that naturally retain moisture. Eventually, enough accumulation of moisture will result in degraded walls which can be dangerous to your property's structural integrity. Moisture within walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which may result in health concerns. Paint works to keep water from infiltrating the porous walls of your property.
- Strengthen Air Quality Throughout Your Residence: Paints now are produced with low or no volatile organic compounds. In case you or your loved ones suffer from allergies, breathing problems, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and the best choice for your household. A new application of paint also keeps dust and other pollutants to a minimum which will improve your household's air quality exponentially.
- Make Your Interior Look Fantastic: All houses contain flaws and blemishes. Walls frequently contain scratches, dings, and marks from wear and tear to your residence over time. Having your home's interior painted removes most cosmetic issues and will make your room look refreshed and clean. A fresh coat of paint applied by a vetted painter will also modernize your home with a contemporary aesthetic.
At what season of the year are painters generally the least busy?
A major benefit about booking during the winter season is that there is a much lower demand for painting services. The colder conditions often keep most homeowners from doing projects, so painters have the availability.
Accordingly, it's possible they'll charge a lower price than what they typically do in peak seasons like summer. This is when most painting contractors are booked around the clock for months on end.
Professional Home Painting Contractors Near Near Arrington, Virginia
When you're searching for a dependable house painter in Arrington, Virginia, Thumbtack is the fastest way to find the right contractor for your budget and needs. Painting your house is an excellent option to bring new life into your residence while also significantly increasing your home's value. Painting your home inside and out every couple of years is a relatively low-cost and quick home improvement project that provides a great return on your investment in more ways than one.
How a newly painted home works to improve your comfort and happiness cannot be overlooked as one of the most rewarding reasons to carry out this home improvement project. A talented and knowledgeable painting contractor can bring any vision you have to reality or offer great recommendations about various paint types and colors to lock down a style you'll love. Some colors will even impart a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors such as blue and green triggering feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows or light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the outside and interior of your residence also offers plenty of useful advantages for its longevity. Paint acts as a sealant to secure surfaces from a range of problems resulting from insects, fungus, and climate, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Moisture is one of the worst causes of structural decay, but the sealing ability of a good paint job will keep those surfaces dry – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional handiwork will refresh the appearance of your property inside and out, notably increasing its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is a simple tool that brings together all the necessary information to help you find the best painting contractor for the job. Easily browse through profiles of reputable painters in Arrington, Virginia and the surrounding areas focusing on the search criteria that matters most, such as customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our unique platform also permits you to directly communicate with expert house painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Use Thumbtack for yourself today and begin narrowing down your hunt for the contractor who will deliver the quality services you deserve.