Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Ashland, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
Why is cabinet refinishing a good investment for my kitchen?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always more cost-effective than buying new ones and is a wise investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: When your cabinets are damaged or significantly warped, it might be more worthwhile to go with a replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Value: If reducing your carbon footprint is one of your biggest values, you might want to think about cabinet refinishing as a better practice to reduce waste by upcycling your current cabinetry.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing gives you choices between a large range of colors and finishes to bring to life a vision that is wholly unique and matches your tastes.
- Trying To Achieve a Better Return on Investment: If you're planning to sell your property, cabinet refinishing can be a cost-effective project to enhance its appeal to try and maximize ROI.
- You Are Pleased With the Existing Layout and Operability: You're current cabinets could already work perfectly with your kitchen's design and deliver ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing involves less disruption to your home in contrast to a complete cabinet replacement.
Homeowners of Ashland, VA have communicated spending as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Prior to choosing cabinet refinishing, evaluate your specific needs, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to know if this project is best for you.
Should I be on the lookout for any particular certifications or qualifications when vetting a cabinet refinishing contractor?
While there may not be industry-standard certifications specifically for cabinet refinishing contractors, there are certain qualifications and indicators of skill that you can refer to when hiring someone to refinish your cabinets. Most professional contractors will highlight their background in carpentry, woodworking, or a related skill on their Thumbtack page.
You should ask the contractor you are thinking about hiring for a portfolio with pictures of cabinets they have refinished for previous clients, especially for results that are similar to the style you're trying to achieve. Other than a picture gallery, most professional contractors will showcase their experience and dependability through online customer feedback.
A dependable professional will provide a clear written estimate of the job before it starts, outlining the scope of work, materials, and all associated costs. Contractors should possess excellent communication skills and be able to address any questions and concerns regarding budget, schedule, and quality during the refinishing project. You should also inquire for warranties or guarantees with the service, which is another indication that can show they have confidence in the quality of their workmanship.
What is the process for professionally refinished cabinets?
An expert taking care of your cabinet refinishing project will adhere to an established process for efficiency and excellent results. There are usually numerous steps taken to transform the appearance of existing cabinets, such as:
- Assessment and Prepping: Cabinets should be first assessed to make sure they are in proper condition for refinishing. If so, all hardware will be removed, like handles, knobs, and hinges, and the surfaces need to be cleaned of dirt, grease, or other residue.
- Touch-Up and Fill: Some small damage, such as scratches, dings, and similar imperfections in the wood will be repaired or filled before being blended in with staining or painting.
- Painting or Staining: Whatever you choose for paint, stain, or finishing technique will be applied in thin, even coats to achieve the look you're looking for. The drying and curing stage is critical to imparting a high-quality result, and could require a few hours to accomplish.
- Reassembly: Once your paint or stain has dried, all parts will be put back on and cabinets completely reassembled for use. Performing a quality inspection will make sure the final results meets your expectations, which includes a final cleanup of the complete work area.
It's useful to note that the specific refinishing project can vary based on aspects like the size of cabinets and the chosen finish. Furthermore, contractors may employ detailed methods, such as distressing or glazing, to achieve specific stylistic effects, which could require a longer process with more steps. Be sure to speak directly with any contractor you hire to guarantee they can bring your vision to life.
Why should I refinish old cabinets instead of purchase new ones?
Cabinet refinishing is a very advantageous home improvement project that many people discover to be worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets rather than buying new ones is a good practice to reduce your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than tossing them into landfills. The process of manufacturing new cabinets also requires more wood and releases chemicals into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly lessened when you choose to upcycle current furniture rather than throw it out. A few other amazing benefits of picking cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Purchasing and putting in new kitchen cabinets will be very costly, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to refresh their look relatively affordably.
- Breathe New Life Into Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing can drastically switch up the look of your kitchen through relatively small amounts of work and resources.
- Limit Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively quick and stress-free way to change their style compared to installing new ones. Since you're utilizing current cabinets that have already been hung, you'll bypass the hassle of having custom-made cabinets manufactured and the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- Professional Results: You can expect excellent results when you hire an experienced contractor to carry out your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and skill is critical to ensure your cabinets come out as you planned, including following the proper steps of prepping the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
Discover a Contractor for Cabinet Refinishing Near Ashland, VA
Cabinet refinishing is an effective way to beautify the look of your kitchen by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a total replacement. Expert cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, like paint, stain, or other methods to your existing cabinets to deliver a new look that suits your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of the first perks, and several people in Ashland, VA have reported spending up to 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and hung. Attaining a fresh and modern look for your used cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, increasing the value of your house simultaneously.
Environmental considerations also play a part in why many people are beginning to refinish used cabinets rather than buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green option that aligns with eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and reducing demand for cutting more trees.
Another great advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the process will be much less disruptive to your home than the mess generated to install new ones. Whether purchasing stock or custom-made new cabinets, the kitchen where they're hung will often need to undergo some level of demolition and reconstruction before they fit adequately. The result is much more dust and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and the better solution for anyone on a tight schedule.
When searching for an expert for your cabinet refinishing job, get a feel for their knowledge and reliability through galleries of past work, if they supply any guarantees on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this important information and more is on the powerful Thumbtack site so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Ashland, VA confidently.