Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Aylett, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
Why should I refinish my cabinets instead of buy new models?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially beneficial home improvement project that plenty of homeowners discover to be worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets instead of totally replacing them is a smart practice to limit your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than tossing them into landfills. The process of producing new cabinets also depletes forests and expels chemicals into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly lessened when you choose to repurpose existing furniture rather than throw it out. A few other excellent benefits of picking cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Efficient: Buying and putting in new kitchen cabinets can be very expensive, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to update their look for much less money.
- Breathe New Life Into Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing can drastically switch up the style of your kitchen through relatively small amounts of work and resources.
- Limit Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively quick and hassle-free method to change their style versus installing new ones. Since you're utilizing existing cabinets that have already been hung, you'll bypass the chaos of having custom-made cabinets built from scratch and the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- High-Quality Results: You can expect excellent results when you hire an experienced contractor to handle your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and experience is critical to guarantee your cabinets appear as you wished, including close attention to necessary steps of preparing the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
In what ways will cabinet refacing and refinishing cabinets differ?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms often used together, but there are big differences between the two and handymen will need to understand which service you want. Refacing focuses on replacing the doors and drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing updates the existing doors and drawers by sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each method features a unique approach and delivers a distinctive effect in the appearance of your cabinets, the key differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How often will cabinets need to be refinished
One of the great advantages about wood is that it can be refinished many times to make the product look as it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, as well. The frequency at which a professional can refinish cabinets depends on several factors, such as the durability of the cabinets, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How long your refinished cabinets will hold up before the project needs to be repeated depends on wear and tear and what sort of maintenance you conduct. A well-done cabinet refinishing service will typically last anywhere between five and ten years or more, depending on the factors mentioned above.
When should I consider refinishing my cabinets as an alternative to purchasing them new?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always more cost-effective than purchasing new models and is a wise investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: When the cabinets are damaged or decayed, it might be more cost-effective to consider replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Value: If environmental sustainability is a priority, you might want to consider cabinet refinishing as a better practice to reduce waste by upcycling your existing cabinetry.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing can be done in a wide variety of colors and finishes to bring to life a vision that is totally unique and suits your tastes.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're preparing to sell your home, cabinet refinishing is a relatively affordable project to enhance your property's appeal to try and maximize profits.
- You Are Pleased With the Existing Layout and Operability: You're existing cabinets might already fit in great with your kitchen's layout and deliver ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing involves less chaos to your lifestyle in contrast to a full cabinet replacement.
People in Aylett, Virginia have detailed paying as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Prior to deciding on cabinet refinishing, weigh your personal preferences, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to understand if this option is right for you.
Discover a Professional for Cabinet Refinishing Near Aylett, Virginia
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to transform the style of your home by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a full replacement. Expert cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, including paint, stain, or other techniques to your present cabinets to deliver a new look that aligns with your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of the first perks, and many homeowners in Aylett, Virginia have reported paying as much as 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and hung. Attaining a fresh and updated look for your used cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, increasing the value of your home at the same time.
Environmental considerations also play a role in why more homeowners are beginning to refinish used cabinets instead of buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green option that celebrates eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and reducing demand for cutting more trees.
Another great benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the service will be many times less chaotic to your lifestyle than the work it takes to install new ones. Regardless of buying stock or custom-made new cabinets, the kitchen where they're hung will often face some degree of demolition and reconstruction before they fit adequately. The result is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and the better solution for those on a tight schedule.
When considering an expert for your cabinet refinishing job, get a feel for their experience and expertise through pictures of their past work, if they supply any warranties on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this important information and more is on the powerful Thumbtack platform to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Aylett, Virginia confidently.