Find a pro in Barhamsville, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire property. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Because it’s such an important part of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, durable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this can really postpone the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // Virginia // Barhamsville
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Barhamsville, VA
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services easy in Barhamsville, VA. Our streamlined site is easy to navigate, which means you can look through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the hiring process by giving you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor on the app and find the best professional for the job.
Our site also puts together useful data to help you prior to browsing through our database of qualified roofing companies.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. How do you know when you need a licensed, roofing replacement and roofing repair company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofer can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to worse issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a convenient option to find the right companies for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined with our app.