Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Boones Mill, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What kind of advantages can I look forward to when choosing to refinish my cabinets?
Cabinet refinishing is a highly beneficial home improvement task that plenty of people find worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets rather than buying new ones is a smart way to limit your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than tossing them into landfills. The method of producing new cabinets also depletes forests and releases toxins into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly diminished when you choose to repurpose existing furniture rather than throw it out. Some other excellent perks of deciding on cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Purchasing and putting in new kitchen cabinets can be very expensive, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to refresh their look relatively affordably.
- Breathe New Life Into Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the power to drastically change the style of your kitchen through relatively little work or money.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively fast and easy method to update their style compared to installing new ones. Because you're utilizing existing cabinets that have already been installed, you'll avoid the chaos of having new cabinets manufactured and the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- Professional Results: You can expect professional outcomes when you hire a vetted contractor to handle your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and experience is critical to guarantee your cabinets appear as you wished, including close attention to necessary steps of prepping the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
In what aspects will cabinet refacing and refinishing cabinets differ?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms sometimes used interchangeably, but there are distinct differences between them and handymen will need to know which service you need. Refacing is the process of replacing the doors or drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing refreshes the current doors or drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each service features its own unique approach and delivers a certain outcome in the style of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How regularly should cabinets undergo refinishing
One of the best advantages with wood is that it can be refinished multiple times to make furniture appear the way it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, too. The frequency at which a professional can refinish cabinets is dependent on a few factors, such as the quality of the cabinets, the components, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How many years your refinished cabinets will last before the project needs to be done again is dependent on how often they are used and what sort of maintenance you conduct. A professional cabinet refinishing project will typically last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or more, depending on the factors mentioned above.
How can I determine if cabinet refinishing is the best project to bring my vision to reality?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always cheaper than buying new models and is a smart investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: When the cabinets are damaged or deteriorating, it could be more beneficial to go with a replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Value: If environmental sustainability is one of your biggest values, you might want to think about cabinet refinishing as an ideal way to limit landfill trash by refreshing your existing cabinetry.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing can be done in a large range of colors and finishes to achieve a vision that is totally unique and matches your sense of style.
- Trying To Achieve a Better ROI: If you're planning to sell your property, cabinet refinishing is a relatively affordable project to boost its appeal to try and maximize ROI.
- You Are Satisfied With the Current Layout and Functionality: You're existing cabinets could already work great with your kitchen's design and give ideal functionality.
- Minimum Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing requires minimal disruption to your daily life in contrast to a complete cabinet replacement.
Homeowners of Boones Mill, Virginia have reported spending as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Before deciding on cabinet refinishing, evaluate your specific preferences, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to discover if this option is right for you.
Employ a Professional for Cabinet Refinishing in Boones Mill, Virginia
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to transform the style of your kitchen by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a full replacement. Expert cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, such as paint, stain, or other methods to your present cabinets to deliver a new look that suits your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of the first advantages, and many people in Boones Mill, Virginia have reported spending as much as 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and installed. Attaining a fresh and updated look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, boosting the value of your home at the same time.
Sustainable solutions also play a part in why many people are beginning to refinish their cabinets instead of buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green choice that celebrates eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and reducing demand for cutting more trees.
Another great advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the service is many times less disruptive to your household than the work it takes to install new ones. Regardless of purchasing stock or custom-made new cabinets, the space where they're installed will likely need to undergo some degree of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit properly. The result is much more dust and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and the better alternative for anyone on a tight schedule.
When considering a contractor for your cabinet refinishing job, get a feel for their experience and reliability through pictures of their past work, if they supply any warranties on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this important information and more can be found on the powerful Thumbtack site so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Boones Mill, Virginia with confidence.