Find a Pro in Boones Mill, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
How do you decide on the best exterior paint color?
When you're deciding on a paint color for your home, choosing a classic color that goes with your overall design will be the right choice. It's relatively affordable to improve the appearance of your home with help from a knowledgeable and equipped painter. These are some of the considerations you should make when picking a color pattern for your exterior painting project:
- Color scheme: The colors you pick should go with the overall look you're going for and the mood you want to create. Make the place your own, especially if you're someone who works from home or spends considerable time there.
- Feeling calm and relaxed: Greens and blues are tasteful hues that have the propensity to give you a contented feeling.
- Productive and energetic: For fresh color that's distinctive from the others, oranges and yellows are vivid enough to do the trick.
- Comfort: Toned down, neutral colors like beige, off-white, and gray can make a home feel more comfortable and comfortable.
In what ways can hiring an exterior painting contractor improve your project?
Hiring an exterior painter to apply new paint to your home will usually provide you with a high-quality outcome than you could achieve on your own. DIY jobs don't always go as planned unless you're equipped with the materials and knowledge to perform the job to the highest quality standards. Instead of covering up flaws, homeowners can recruit an exterior painting contractor to carry out the job as efficiently as possible. The skill they've gained from their experience in the field will be reflected in the degree of quality demonstrated in their workmanship. From power washing the exterior, putting on the primer and paint, and taking care of the cleanup, you need to hire a painter to execute it. With their first-rate approach and guaranteed craftsmanship, you don't have to worry about them taking shortcuts or delivering subpar results.
How can you prepare your house for an exterior painting task?
Exterior painting offers outstanding results when it's carried out with close attention to detail and sticking to top standards. Professional painters are prepared with the knowledge, materials, and methods to do the job with outstanding workmanship. First-rate workmanship starts with taking precautions that allow the paint to stick and look beautiful for many years. These are some of the steps you need to take to get ready for an exterior painting job:
- Power wash: Removing grime and dirt provides you with a clean area to work with, so using power washing tools is a great way to wash it off.
- Sand away flaky paint: Sanding down and scraping old paint will get rid of flaky or cracked pieces that are still remaining.
- Prepare surface: Surface repair compounds can fix irregularities on exterior siding so that you can work on a clean texture.
- Recaulk: Redo caulk on trim and windows to then paint it for a streamlined varnish.
- Put down drop cloths: Keep paint away from your yard by placing drop cloths on sidewalks, shrubs, and decks.
- Priming: Putting primer on bare wood and area that's been smoothed out to allow the paint to stay.
How costly is it to execute an exterior painting project for a home?
The cost of exterior painting services are based on the prep work, paint, and size of the home. A one-story home can have a price of approximately $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-story home. It's an excellent investment for many homeowners who want to enhance their property's curb appeal and keep it protected from the elements all year round. Other criteria that can contribute to the overall cost is how knowledgeable your painter is because it can equate to higher quality workmanship and guaranteed services. Get in touch with a painting contractor near you who can assess the project and provide you with a free quote for the price you can expect to pay.
Search for Exterior House Painting Services in Boones Mill, Virginia
Start browsing for an exterior painting contractor on Thumbtack, where you can easily compare and seek the assistance of companies in Boones Mill, Virginia. If your home needs a new coat of paint, you can find a contractor with the qualifications and experience to offer high-quality services. You can upgrade your property's design with a fresh pop of color that simultaneously provides a hardwearing barrier preventing damage from moisture. By hiring a painter to take care of the job, you're making sure it'll be of the highest quality standards.
On our full-scope home management app, you can efficiently search for professionals, take a look at ratings, and read testimonials. Homeowners can take a look at other exterior painting jobs to gain an understanding of their degree of expertise. Search through candidate profiles and easing your search is more efficient when you download our free app. It's systematic and hassle-free to use for homeowners to find the best professional for the job in their area. You can even send direct messages, receive an estimate, and set up a consultation all on one platform.
Discuss the details of the project with an exterior painting contractor who can provide you with helpful recommendations and help you come up with an attractive color combination. Painting projects can increase your property value and essentially make it stand out in the best way. It's awesome what a good sheen, color, and application can do to ameliorate a place. Thumbtack is here to turn your home improvement dreams into reality with help from several local contractors prepared to roll up their sleeves and perform exceptional craftsmanship. Get exceptional results by downloading our home management platform and reach out to an experienced professional to handle the whole process with the utmost attention to detail.