Find a pro in Bremo Bluff, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so essential is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for the rest of your home. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Since it’s such an essential part of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things to think about. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Bad weather will put a damper on work and this can really delay the project. If a storm is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential homes and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Bremo Bluff, VA
If you need roofing maintenance services in Bremo Bluff, VA, then our platform is the answer. The roofing experts you'll discover on our site have the knowledge and experience you’re searching for. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Routine inspections can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get a professional, roofing maintenance company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
Find a company that can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.