Find a Pro in Chatham, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
Can interior painting provide a good return on investment?
Almost always the answer will be yes, and these are benefits from interior painting projects:
- Boost the Appeal of Your Residence: A great paint job will display to interested buyers that you have taken good care of your home. It will also help sell a home that's on the market quicker, even over listing price. Even if you are not planning on listing your home in the near future, a good interior paint job by an expert painter can last up to 7 years. Interior painting can be thought of as a home improvement investment with one of the highest ROIs when factoring in the impact on home value and buyer interest.
- Improve Your Mood at Home: While interior painting is a relatively budget-friendly way to update your residence, it is one of the best tools to make your home a more relaxing and happy place. If you haven't painted your house in the past few years or have older colors that you either don't like anymore or never chose, your home may not be a space where you truly feel comfortable. Also, many residents are choosing to work from home and/or staying home more in general, so making the colors of your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on the color scheme you select, a new paint color will help you feel differently — peaceful and rested (blues and greens), lively and motivated (yellows and oranges), and even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Safeguard From Damage to Your House: Having your interior painted strengthens your residence now by preventing future damage from occurring inside and outside of your walls. Common interior walls are constructed of materials that naturally retain moisture. Over time, too much absorption will lead to compromised walls which can be detrimental to your house's structural integrity. Moisture behind walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which can lead to health dangers. Paint is designed to keep water from infiltrating the porous walls of your house.
- Enhance Air Quality in and Around Your Residence: Paints now are made with low or no VOCs. In case you or your loved ones suffer from allergies, breathing problems, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and a great choice for your property. A fresh application of paint also keeps dust and other particles to a minimum which will improve your household's air quality exponentially.
- Make Your Home Look Fantastic: Most homes harbor flaws and imperfections. Walls often contain dents, dings, and markings from wear and tear to your home over time. Having your home's interior painted hides those imperfections and will make your room look refreshed and clean. A new paint color for your interior will also modernize your residence.
What is the least busiest time of year for painting contractors?
A major benefit to hiring within the winter months is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The weather often keeps most homeowners from doing projects, so professional painters have more open spots in their schedules.
Therefore, they might be able to decrease their rates than what they normally do in peak seasons like summer. This is when most painting contractors are scheduled around the clock for months on end.
How frequently should I think about repainting my home's exterior?
There are a few evident things to keep an eye out for, such as cracking and chipping paint, but there are also some less evident things that can create problems too. Painting an exterior is a pretty extensive job, so it's always a good idea to hire painting specialists.
Unfortunately, there is no set deadline to repaint, since every home is different. A lot of experts say that repainting will need to be done approximately within five to ten years, based on factors like where you live, climate, and how well the previous paint job was done.
When you've just acquired a house, you could be in the dark about the last painting date of the house. It's always recommended to try and find out, since possessing in-depth information about the paint job will make a big difference. The variety of paint used, its quality, how many layers were applied, and even the color selected can all affect its lifespan. It could be beneficial to know the time of year in which it was painted, since whether the residence was painted on a bright or cloudy day can affect how well the paint dries.
What array of services does a residential painter perform?
Here are examples of what an expert painter will assist with:
- Pick Colors: In case you're struggling to find the best colors for your exterior or interior rooms, a full-service contractor will provide invaluable advice. Services like this can save you time, and you can depend on the experience of your vetted expert.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint will have a harder time adhering to surfaces that haven't been adequately cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service residential painter understands this and can handle the prep stage before painting commences.
- Identify Potential Issues: As your residential painter preps for the paint job, they should be assessing surfaces for damage. A full-service painting contractor will let you know if they see anything such as rotted wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim and moldings. These surfaces need to be fixed before painting can begin, of course. Your painter may then suggest other trustworthy contractors to perform these repairs, or they will handle it themselves.
- Do Repairs: Most painting contractors are proficient at conducting such repairs. These include drywall fixes, rotted wood replacement or removal, wallpaper deconstruction, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. When employing a high-quality painter, you likely don't have to go searching for other contractors to handle these issues.
- Paint: After the painter has cleaned the home's surfaces, looked for damage, and conducted necessary repairs, they will begin painting your exterior and/or interior.
Reliable Home Painters in in Chatham, VA
When you require a dependable house painter in Chatham, VA, Thumbtack is the fastest way to find the right contractor suiting your budget and schedule. Painting your house is a smart choice to breathe new life into your property while also significantly boosting its curb appeal. Painting your home inside and out every few years is a relatively low-cost and fast home improvement project that gives a big return on your investment in more ways than one.
The way a freshly painted home can elevate your peace and happiness cannot be discounted as one of the most rewarding reasons to perform this home improvement project. An experienced and professional painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you have to life or offer excellent suggestions about different paint types and colors to achieve a look you'll love. Some colors will even instill a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors such as blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and calm while yellows or light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the exterior and inside of your home also features many useful advantages for its durability. Paint acts as a layer of defense to protect surfaces from a variety of problems caused by insects, fungus, and climate, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Moisture is one of the leading causes of home decay, but the sealing function of a quality paint job will keep those surfaces drier – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert work will refresh the appearance of your house inside and out, notably raising its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is an all-in-one tool that brings together all the relevant information to let you discover the perfect painting contractor for the job. Efficiently look through profiles of professional painters in Chatham, VA and nearby areas focusing on the search criteria you care about most, such as customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our all-in-one platform also enables you to directly communicate with expert house painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Use Thumbtack for yourself today and start narrowing down your search for the pro who will deliver the quality and value you deserve.