Find a pro in Clifton Forge, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things to consider. The average roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in Clifton Forge, Virginia. Bad weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this can really delay the job. If a storm is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential houses and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are a few things that will establish the overall cost. Generally, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Clifton Forge, Virginia
When you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Clifton Forge, Virginia, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing experts featured on Thumbtack have the qualifications you need for the job at hand. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roofing project.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention immediately. An established roof repair company can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined process. When you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.