Find a pro in Coleman Falls, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for your entire house. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Because it’s such an essential part of your home, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors involved. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in Coleman Falls, Virginia. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to stall the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Coleman Falls, Virginia
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you connect with roofing maintenance professionals in Coleman Falls, Virginia. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, get a quote, and more all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed so that their property remains in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Routine inspections can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get professional, roofing maintenance services? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical issue and needs to be attended to. A roofing repair contractor can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
It's unnecessary to deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many licensed roofers available to assist. With our powerful app, you can get the best roofing maintenance services in Coleman Falls, Virginia. Get the roofing services you need for your house now.