Find a pro in Doswell, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential houses and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with precise amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are a few things that will establish the total cost. Mostly, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the products being used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Doswell, Virginia
When you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Doswell, Virginia, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing professionals you'll discover on Thumbtack have the knowledge and experience you need for the job at hand. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get total satisfaction on your roofing project.
It's important to have a roof you can rely on for your house throughout any season. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
Routine appointments can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get a professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if they need to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a convenient solution to find the right professionals for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is streamlined with our platform.