Find a pro in Dulles, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and do a great job of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential spaces and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what season it is, you can get a roof replacement. However, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a popular time for a replacement, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This means that waiting later in the year could be an easier time for services.
A lot of roofing companies have more down time during the winter, but you could be dealing with more severe weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. While the weather can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so essential is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for the rest of your house. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Because it’s such an essential part of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Dulles, Virginia
If you need to hire a roofing maintenance contractor in Dulles, Virginia, then our platform is the answer. The roofing experts featured on Thumbtack have the experience you need for the job at hand. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get complete satisfaction on your roofing maintenance.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
No one should deal with a damaged roof when there are so many professional roofers ready to help. With our easy-to-use app, you can get quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Dulles, Virginia. Find the perfect contractor for your home today.