Find a Pro in Dunn Loring, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Exterior Painting Professionals nearExterior Painting // Virginia // Dunn Loring
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
What exterior paint color should you choose?
When you're picking a paint color scheme for your home's exterior, selecting an elegant color that goes with your overall design will be the best choice. It's fairly inexpensive to improve the appearance of your home with assistance from a skilled and equipped painting contractor. These are some of the factors you should think about when choosing a color pattern for your exterior painting job:
- Color pattern: The colors you choose should go with the overall look you're going for and the mood you want to spend time in. Make the place your own, especially if you're someone who works from home or spends considerable time there.
- Feeling calm and relaxed: Greens and blues are tasteful shades that have the propensity to put you at ease.
- Energetic and productive: For fresh color that's distinctive from the rest, yellows and oranges are bold enough to attain the desired results.
- Comfort: Muted, versatile colors like off-white, gray, and beige can make a property feel more cozy and comfortable.
What benefits come with the decision to hire a professional for exterior painting?
Recruiting an exterior painter to apply new paint to your property will typically give you a better outcome than you could achieve by yourself. DIY jobs rarely go as you hope unless you have the materials and skills to carry out the job to industry standards. Instead of attempting to fix flaws, homeowners can recruit an exterior painting professional to perform the job as adeptly as possible. The training they've acquired from their experience in the field will be mirrored in the degree of quality exhibited in their craftsmanship. From power washing the outside, applying primer and paint, and taking care of the cleanup, you should a painter to execute it. With their high-quality approach and guaranteed work, you don't have to worry about them taking shortcuts or offering less-than-optimal results.
How do you go about preparing a residential property for exterior painting?
Exterior painting delivers outstanding results when it's carried out with careful attention to detail and according to high-quality standards. Professional contractors are prepared with the knowledge, materials, and methods to do the job with exceptional workmanship. First-rate workmanship starts with taking preliminary steps that let the paint stay and look amazing for a long time. Get ready for an exterior painting job by taking these steps:
- Pressure wash: Getting rid of dirt and grime offers you a clean area to begin working on, so using power washing equipment is a great way to wash it off.
- Sand away flaky paint: Sanding down and scraping old paint will get rid of flaky or cracked pieces that have been left behind.
- Get surface ready: Surface repair compounds can fix flaws on exterior siding so that you can work with a flat finish.
- Recaulk: Fix caulk on windows and trim to then paint it for a streamlined finish.
- Put down drop cloths: Keep paint away from your yard by using drop cloths on decks, sidewalks, and shrubs.
- Priming: Putting primer on bare wood and area that's been repaired to let the paint adhere.
How much does an exterior painting project cost?
The cost of exterior painting services depends on the prep work, paint, and size of the home. A one-story property can cost approximately $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-story property. It's a worthy project for many homeowners who want to enhance their property's curb appeal and keep it protected from the elements at all times. Other criteria that can influence the overall price is how experienced your painter is because it can equate to higher quality workmanship and guaranteed services. Reach out to a painting contractor near you who can assess the project and provide you with a free, upfront quote for the costs you can anticipate to pay.
Compare and Hire Exterior Painting Services in Dunn Loring, VA
Start browsing for an exterior painter on Thumbtack, where you can easily compare and seek the assistance of companies in Dunn Loring, VA. If your property needs some new paint, you can recruit a professional with the skills and background to deliver high-quality services. You can update your property's design with a new pop of color that also offers a strong barrier preventing damage. By seeking out a professional to handle the job, you're making sure the work will meet your specifications.
On our all-inclusive home management app, you can swiftly look for contractors, check ratings, and read customer reviews. Homeowners can see results from previous exterior painting jobs to gain an understanding of what they can offer. Browsing through professional profiles and narrowing down your search is a quicker process when you use our no-cost platform. It's systematic and easy to use for anyone to pick the best contractor for the job near them. In addition, you can send direct messages, ask for an estimate, and schedule an appointment all on one platform.
Review the details of the job with an exterior painter who can deliver helpful suggestions and help you decide on an elegant color scheme. Having a newly painted house can boost your property value and essentially make it the envy of the neighborhood. It's awesome what a good sheen, color, and application can do to add some new life into a space. Thumbtack is available to make your home improvement visions come true with assistance from several local professionals ready to begin the project and deliver exceptional work. Get exceptional results by downloading our home management platform and get in touch with an experienced exterior painter to handle the whole process with careful attention to detail.