Find a pro in Earlysville, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors involved. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to push out the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few factors that will establish the overall cost. Generally, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Earlysville, Virginia
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you find roofing maintenance companies in Earlysville, Virginia. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, schedule a service appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
It's essential to have a roof you can count on for your house throughout any season. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but here are some other things to take into account:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Find someone who can make your roofing maintenance an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the company you want, then it's just getting your quote and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.