Find a pro in Faber, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for your entire house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, you could experience leaks in your home, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an important component of your property, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a strong, steady roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other things to consider. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to stall the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Faber, Virginia
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you connect with roofing maintenance professionals in Faber, Virginia. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair company want to hire, get a quote, and more all from one convenient app.
Our app also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our database of qualified roofing companies.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? Apart from having leaks or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention immediately. An established roof repair company can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you notice a few of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Find someone who can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right fit, then it's just getting your estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.