Find a pro in Farmville, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire house. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors involved. The typical roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will put a damper on work and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // Virginia // Farmville
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Farmville, Virginia
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Farmville, Virginia. Our streamlined site gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the hiring process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing information, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance contractor here on Thumbtack and find the right professional for your project.
It's crucial to have a roof you can depend on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause serious problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see that a few of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free solution to find the best professionals to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined with our app.