Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Floyd, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
Why can cabinet refinishing be beneficial?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially beneficial home improvement task that many homeowners discover to be worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets in lieu of completely replacing them is a great practice to reduce your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than tossing them into landfills. The process of constructing new cabinets also requires more wood and releases toxins into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly diminished when you choose to repurpose existing furniture rather than replace it. A few other great advantages of deciding on cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Purchasing and installing new kitchen cabinets can be very expensive, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to refresh their look for much less money.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the power to drastically switch up the style of your kitchen with relatively little work and resources.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively fast and easy technique to refresh their look versus installing new ones. Because you're repurposing existing cabinets that have already been installed, you'll bypass the long process of having new cabinets manufactured or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- Professional Results: You'll get professional results when you hire an experienced contractor to handle your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and experience is critical to guarantee your cabinets appear as you planned, including following the proper steps of preparing the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
What are the differences of cabinet refacing and cabinet refinishing?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms often used interchangeably, but there are considerable differences between them and professional contractors will need to understand which service you need. Refacing is a process of substituting the doors and drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing refreshes the current doors and drawers by sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each technique features a unique approach and gives a certain effect in the appearance of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How many years will refinished cabinets survive
One of the great things about wood is that it can be refinished many times to make furniture appear as it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, as well. How many times one can refinish cabinets is dependent on several factors, including the durability of the cabinets, the components, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How many years your refinished cabinets will last before the process must be followed up is dependent on wear and tear and what sort of maintenance you conduct. A well-done cabinet refinishing project could last anywhere between five and ten years or more, depending on the factors talked about above.
How can cabinet refinishing be the right choice for my kitchen?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always less expensive than installing new ones and is a smart investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: When the cabinets are damaged or decayed, it might be more cost-effective to consider replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Priority: If environmental sustainability is a priority, you may want to consider cabinet refinishing as a better practice to limit landfill trash by upcycling your existing cabinets.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing can be done in a large range of colors and finishes to bring to life a vision that is wholly unique and suits your sense of style.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're planning to sell your house, cabinet refinishing can be a cost-effective way to boost its value and maximize profits.
- You Are Satisfied With the Current Layout and Functionality: You're existing cabinets could already work perfectly with your kitchen's design and give ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing involves less chaos to your daily life in contrast to a complete cabinet replacement.
Residents in Floyd, VA have related paying as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Before picking cabinet refinishing, assess your personal preferences, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to understand if this option is best for you.
Find The Right Contractor for Cabinet Refinishing in Floyd, VA
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to beautify the style of your kitchen by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a total replacement. Expert cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, including paint, stain, or other methods to your present cabinets to deliver a new look that aligns with your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of the first benefits, and many homeowners in Floyd, VA have reported paying up to 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and installed. Achieving a fresh and modern look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, increasing the value of your home at the same time.
Sustainable solutions also play a role in why more homeowners are beginning to refinish their cabinets versus buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green choice that celebrates eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and lessening demand for cutting more trees.
Another excellent advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the process is many times less disruptive to your household than the mess generated to install new ones. Whether buying stock or custom-made new cabinets, the kitchen where they're installed will likely face some level of demolition and reconstruction before they fit properly. The consequence is much more dust and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and the better solution for anyone working with a shorter timeframe.
When selecting an expert for your cabinet refinishing project, get a feel for their knowledge and skill through pictures of their past work, if they supply any guarantees on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this important information and more is on the powerful Thumbtack platform to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Floyd, VA with confidence.