Find a Pro in Glen Allen, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What services fall within the domain of a house painter?
A few of the services a vetted painter typically performs include:
- Pick Colors: If you're struggling to identify the right colors for your exterior or interior rooms, a full-service contractor will help you in this regard. Services like this will save you time, and you can depend on the knowledge of your vetted expert.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint has a harder time adhering to surfaces that haven't been adequately cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service professional painter understands this and will take care of this prep stage before painting begins.
- Keep an Eye Out for Damages: As your residential painter prepares for the paint job, they will assess surfaces for damage. A knowledgeable painting contractor will tell you if they notice things like rotted wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim and moldings. These surfaces must be remediated before the project can commence, of course. Your professional may then direct you towards dependable contractors to make these repairs, or they will take care of it themselves.
- Conduct Light Fixes: Professional painting contractors are proficient at carrying out such repairs. These include drywall replacement, rotted wood replacement or removal, wallpaper deconstruction, remediating damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. When enlisting a professional painter, you likely won't have to go looking for other contractors to handle these issues.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has cleaned your home's surfaces, assessed for damage, and made necessary repairs, they will commence painting your exterior and/or interior.
What's the usual per hour charge for painters?
The average painting contractor's price on services ranges between $22-$43 an hour, not counting tax or overhead included.
Remember that this cost is for the labor of painting services to pay an expert painter per hour. Therefore, it does not include the addition of insurance, tax, equipment, or the paint itself.
Is paying for interior painting a worthwhile choice?
The short answer will be yes, and there are benefits from interior painting projects:
- Increase the Appeal of Your House: A great paint job will communicate to interested buyers that you have taken exceptional care of your property. It will also help sell a house that's on the market faster, even over asking price. Even if you are not considering selling your house in the near future, a good interior paint job by an expert painter can last up to 7 years. Interior painting is a home improvement project with one of the highest ROIs when factoring in the effect on home value and buyer interest.
- Boost Your Mood at Home: Because interior painting is an economical project to update your residence, it is one of the most effective tools to make your home a more relaxing and happy space. Assuming you have not painted your home recently or have boring colors that you might not like anymore or didn't choose, your home may not feel like a space where you truly feel at rest. Also, growing numbers of residents are working from home and/or staying home more in general, so making the colors in your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on what option you go with, a new paint color will help you feel differently — peaceful and relaxed (blues and greens), energetic and motivated (yellows and oranges), and even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Safeguard From Damage to Your Property: Getting your interior painted protects your house now and prevents future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. Common interior walls are constructed of components that naturally absorb moisture. Over time, too much accumulation of moisture will lead to compromised walls which can be detrimental to your house's structural integrity. Water inside walls is a catalyst for mold growth which may lead to health issues. Paint is designed to keep moisture from getting through the porous walls of your home.
- Strengthen Air Quality Throughout Your House: Paints these days are made with low or no VOCs. If you or your family have allergies, breathing problems, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and the best choice for your interior. A new application of paint also keeps dirt and other particles to a minimum which will enhance your home's air quality exponentially.
- Make Your Home Look Fantastic: All houses have flaws and imperfections. Walls frequently obtain scratches, dings, and marks from wear and tear to your house over the years. Getting your house's interior painted hides most imperfections and will make your home look refreshed and clean. A new paint color applied to your interior will also modernize your residence.
When will painters receive the slowest business season?
One of the biggest advantages about booking during the colder months is that there is a much lower demand for painting services. The colder conditions often keep most homeowners from wanting to do home improvement projects, so painting professionals have more open spots in their schedules.
For that reason, it's possible they'll charge a lower price than what they normally charge in busier times of the year like summer. Summer is a time when most painting contractors are scheduled around the clock for months on end.
Find an Experienced Residential Painter To Update Your Living Spaces Near Near Glen Allen, VA
When you're looking for a reliable house painter in Glen Allen, VA, Thumbtack is the quickest way to find the perfect contractor for your budget and needs. Painting your house is a smart option to bring new life into your residence while also significantly increasing its curb appeal. Painting your house inside and out every few years is a relatively low-cost and fast home improvement project that provides a good return on your investment in more ways than one.
The way a beautifully painted house can boost your peace and happiness shouldn't be discounted as one of the best reasons to perform this home improvement project. An experienced and professional painting contractor can bring any vision you come up with to life or make excellent suggestions about different paint types and colors to achieve a look you'll love. Some colors will even impart a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors like blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and calm while yellows or light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the outside and interior of your house also supplies several practical benefits for its longevity. Paint acts as a sealant to protect surfaces from a variety of problems resulting from bugs, fungus, and climate, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Moisture is one of the worst culprits of home decay, but the sealing capability of a good paint job will keep those building materials dry – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert handiwork will beautify your property inside and out, significantly raising its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is a simple site that compiles all the relevant information to help you find the best painting contractor for the job. Easily look through profiles of vetted painters in Glen Allen, VA and nearby areas based on the search criteria that matters most, including customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our unique system also permits you to directly contact expert house painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Explore Thumbtack for yourself now and start narrowing down your hunt for a pro who will deliver the quality services you need.