Find a pro in Goode, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for your entire property. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important component of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient property. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in Goode, Virginia. Storms will put a halt on work and this can really postpone the job. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential spaces and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Goode, Virginia
When you need to hire a roofing maintenance company in Goode, Virginia, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing professionals you'll discover on Thumbtack have the skills and experience you’re looking for. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get total satisfaction on your roof replacement.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing maintenance contractor, but here are some other things to consider about your roof:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofer can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the company you want, then it's just getting your estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.