Find a pro in Gretna, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for your entire property. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Because it’s such an important part of your property, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a strong, steady roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather forecast in Gretna, Virginia. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this can really postpone the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential spaces and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Gretna, Virginia
If you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Gretna, Virginia, there's no better way to find them. The roofing experts featured on our site have the knowledge and qualifications you need for your project. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get complete satisfaction on your roofing repairs.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but here are some other aspects to take into account:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires to be attended to. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
Find someone who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.