Find a Pro in Harrisonburg, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
What factors are critical when choosing the exterior paint color for your residential property?
When you're deciding on a paint color scheme for your home, choosing an elegant color that goes with your overall design will be the ideal choice. It's somewhat inexpensive to improve the appearance of your home with help from a skilled and equipped contractor. These are some of the considerations you should take into account when choosing a color scheme for your exterior painting project:
- Color scheme: The colors you pick should complement the overall aesthetic you're going for and the ambiance you want to spend time in. Make it reflect your personal tastes, especially for people who work from home or spend substantial time there.
- Feeling relaxed and calm: Greens and blues are elegant shades that have the ability to give you a contented feeling.
- Energetic and productive: For fresh color that's distinctive from the others, oranges and yellows are vivid enough to attain the desired results.
- Comfort: Subdued, neutral colors like gray, beige, and off-white can make a property feel more cozy and content.
How can hiring an exterior painting contractor improve your project?
Recruiting an exterior painter to apply new paint to your property will usually provide you with a superior result than you could attain on your own. DIY projects rarely go as planned unless you're equipped with the materials and training to execute the project to industry standards. Instead of covering up mistakes, homeowners can hire an exterior painting contractor to perform the project as adeptly as possible. The skill they've gained from their experience in the field will be reflected in the level of quality demonstrated in their workmanship. From power washing the outside, putting on the primer and paint, and handling the cleanup, you need to hire a contractor to carry it out. With their first-rate practices and guaranteed workmanship, you don't have to worry about them cutting corners or offering less-than-optimal results.
How can you prepare your house for an exterior painting project?
Exterior painting offers outstanding results when it's completed with careful attention to detail and according to the highest standards. Professional contractors are equipped with the training, materials, and methods to do the project with exceptional craftsmanship. Superb craftsmanship starts with taking first steps that allow the paint to adhere and look amazing for a long time. Prepare for an exterior painting project by taking the following steps:
- Pressure wash: Removing dirt and grime offers you a spotless area to begin working on, so using power washing tools is a productive way to wash it off.
- Scrape off loose paint: Scraping and sanding down old paint will remove flaky or cracked pieces that are still remaining.
- Prepare surface: Surface repair compounds can take care of flaws on exterior siding so that you can work with a clean texture.
- Recaulk: Redo caulk on trim and windows to then paint over it with a smooth result.
- Put down drop cloths: Protect your yard from paint by using drop cloths on sidewalks, shrubs, and decks.
- Priming: Rolling primer on bare wood and area that's been smoothed out to allow the paint to stay.
What's the price associated with painting the exterior of a residential property?
The price of exterior painting services depends on the prep work, paint, and size of the home. A one-level property can cost around $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-level property. It's a great investment for many homeowners who want to maximize their property's curb appeal and keep it damage-free from the elements all year round. Other criteria that can contribute to the overall cost is how experienced your contractor is because it can result in high-quality craftsmanship and guaranteed services. Reach out to a painting contractor near you who can discuss the project and give you an accurate quote for the costs you can expect to pay.
Thumbtack is the Convenient Way to Find Exterior Painting Services Near Harrisonburg, Virginia
Begin browsing for an exterior painter on Thumbtack, where you can easily compare and hire companies in Harrisonburg, Virginia. If your property needs some new paint, you can find a contractor with the qualifications and background to deliver high-quality services. You can improve your property's curb appeal with fresh paint that also provides a strong barrier preventing damage. By seeking out a professional to handle the project, you're making sure the work will be of the highest quality standards.
On our all-inclusive home management platform, you can efficiently browse for contractors, check ratings, and read reviews. Homeowners can check out results from previous exterior painting projects to get a good idea of their level of expertise. Browsing through professional profiles and simplifying your search is a quicker process when you download our free platform. It's convenient and hassle-free to use for anyone to choose the most suitable professional for the project in their area. You can also send direct messages, receive an estimate, and set up a consultation all in one app.
Go over the details of the project with an exterior painter who can deliver helpful tips and help you decide on an elegant color scheme. Having a newly painted house can raise your property value and generally make it stand out in the best way. It's incredible what the right sheen, color, and application can do to ameliorate a place. Thumbtack is here to turn your home improvement dreams into reality with help from a number of local contractors ready to begin the project and carry out exceptional workmanship. Get an excellent finished product by using our home management platform and reach out to a knowledgeable professional to take care of every step in the process with the utmost attention to detail.