Find a Pro in Hillsville, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
Is paying for interior painting a smart decision?
The short answer is yes, and these are other valuable benefits to be had from interior painting services:
- Increase the Value of Your House: A good paint job will display to potential buyers that you have taken exceptional care of your home. Interior painting will also help sell a residence that's on the market faster, even over asking price. Even if you are not contemplating selling your residence in the near future, a proper interior paint job by an expert painting contractor can last up to 7 years. It is an investment in your home that truly pays off.
- Boost Your Mood at Home: Because interior painting is an economical way to update your house, it is one of the best tools to make your home a more relaxing and happy place. If you have not painted your house in the past few years or have poor colors that you might not like anymore or didn't choose, your home may not be a space where you truly feel at ease. Additionally, growing numbers of people are working at home and/or staying home a lot more, so making the colors in your home appealing is a higher priority. Depending on which option you select, the right paint color will affect your mood as you desire — calm and rested (blues and greens), energetic and productive (yellows and oranges), and even feel comfortable and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your Property: Getting your interior painted safeguards your home now and prevents future damage from occurring inside and outside of your walls. Many interior walls are manufactured with materials that easily retain moisture. Eventually, enough absorption will result in compromised walls which can be dangerous to your property's structural integrity. Water inside walls is a catalyst for mold growth which may result in health dangers. Paint enables you to seal out moisture from infiltrating the porous walls of your home.
- Enhance Air Quality Throughout Your House: Paints currently are manufactured with low or no VOCs. If you or your family suffer from allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge benefit and the best option for your home. A fresh coat of paint also keeps dust and other allergens to a minimum which will enhance your household's air quality even more.
- Make Your Interior Look Fantastic: Most houses harbor flaws and imperfections. Walls often obtain dents, dings, and marks from the use of your residence over the years. Getting your home's interior painted hides all imperfections and will make your home look refreshed and clean. A fresh paint color for your interior will also modernize your home.
What is the slowest time of year for painters?
One of the biggest advantages about hiring during the winter months is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The weather often keeps most homeowners from doing home improvement projects, so painting professionals are more readily available.
As a result, it's possible they'll decrease their rates than what they typically do in busier seasons like summer. Summer is a time when most painters are scheduled around the clock for months on end.
At what intervals should I plan to paint the exterior of my residence?
There are some obvious signs to keep an eye out for, like cracking and chipping paint, but there are also some less evident things that can cause problems too. Painting an exterior is a pretty extensive job, so it's never a bad idea to book expert painters.
Since every property differs from one another, there is no set timeline to apply another coat, and this makes things more difficult for homeowners. Most experts express that you'll need to paint every five to ten years, depending on factors like where you're located, climate, and the previous paint job.
Having recently become a homeowner, it's possible that you're unaware of the last paint application. It's always recommended to try and find out, since possessing detailed information about the paint job will be critical. The variety of paint used, its quality, how many coats were applied, and even the color selected can all impact its durability. It could be helpful to know the time of year in which it was painted, since whether your residence was painted on a bright or cloudy day can impact how well the paint dries.
What array of services can a house painter do?
Here are examples of what an expert painter will assist with:
- Select Colors: When struggling to find the ideal colors for your exterior or interior rooms, a full-service contractor will provide invaluable advice. This will save you time, and you can rely on the knowledge of your certified expert.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint has a difficult time adhering to surfaces that aren't properly cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service professional painter understands this and will take care of this prep work before painting starts.
- Identify Potential Issues: As your home painting service prepares for the project, they will assess surfaces for damage. A full-service painting contractor will let you know if they see anything like rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim and moldings. These issues need to be remediated before the project can start, of course. Your professional may then suggest other trustworthy contractors to perform these repairs, or they could take care of it themselves.
- Carry Out Repairs: The best painters are proficient at carrying out such repairs. These include drywall repairs, rotten wood replacement or removal, wallpaper deconstruction, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and more. By enlisting a vetted painter, you likely don't need to go searching for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painter has cleaned your home's surfaces, assessed for structural issues, and performed necessary repairs, they will start painting your exterior and/or interior.
Experienced Home Painters Serving in Hillsville, Virginia
When you're searching for a good residential painter near Hillsville, Virginia, Thumbtack is the fastest way to find the perfect contractor who meets your budget and needs. Painting your house is an excellent way to breathe new life into your residence while also significantly boosting its curb appeal. Painting your home inside and out every few years is a relatively economical and fast home improvement project that gives a good return on your investment in more ways than one.
How a beautifully painted home can improve your comfort and happiness shouldn't be overlooked as one of the most rewarding reasons to carry out this home improvement project. An experienced and professional painting contractor can bring any vision you come up with to life or offer excellent suggestions about various paint brands and colors to lock down a look you'll love. Some colors will even instill a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors like blue and green triggering feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows or light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the outside and inside of your residence also provides plenty of useful benefits for its durability. Paint acts as a sealant to secure the wood from a variety of issues caused by insects, fungus, and climate, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Mildew is one of the worst causes of structural decay, but the sealing ability of a professional paint job will keep those surfaces drier – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional results will beautify your house inside and out, notably boosting its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is a convenient tool that brings together all the relevant information to help you discover the perfect painting contractor for the job. Efficiently search through profiles of professional painters in Hillsville, Virginia and nearby areas based on the search criteria that matters most, including customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our unique platform also allows you to directly communicate with expert residential painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Use Thumbtack for yourself today and begin narrowing down your hunt for a contractor who will deliver the quality and value you deserve.