Find a pro in Hurt, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and do a great job of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential houses and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what time of year it is, you can get a roof replacement. However, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a common time for roof replacements, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This is why waiting later in the year could be an easier time for an appointment.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an essential part of your property, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a strong, stable roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Hurt, Virginia
If you need to hire a roofing maintenance company in Hurt, Virginia, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing professionals featured on Thumbtack have the knowledge and experience you need for the job at hand. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get complete satisfaction on your roofing repairs.
Our app also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our network of qualified roofing companies.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing maintenance contractor, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious issue and requires to be attended to. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
It's unnecessary to put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many professional contractors ready to help. With our powerful app, you can find quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Hurt, Virginia. Find the right contractor for your house today.