Find a pro in Ivor, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what season it is, you can call a contractor for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a popular time for roof replacements, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This is why winter could be an easier time to schedule.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so fundamental for you is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your home. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an essential part of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Ivor, VA
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Ivor, VA. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair company want to hire, book a service appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required so that their property remains in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but listed below are some other aspects to take into account:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to worse problems. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a hassle-free way to hire the right professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier through our platform.