Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Keeling, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
Why should I refinish used cabinets instead of purchase new ones?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially advantageous home improvement task that plenty of people discover to be worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets in lieu of totally replacing them is a good practice to limit your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than contribute to landfills. The process of manufacturing new cabinets also requires more wood and releases chemicals into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly diminished when you choose to repurpose existing furniture rather than throw it out. A few other excellent perks of picking cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Efficient: Buying and installing new kitchen cabinets can be very expensive, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to update their look relatively affordably.
- Breathe New Life Into Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the capability to drastically change the aesthetic of your kitchen through relatively little work and money.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively fast and easy technique to update their style versus installing new ones. Because you're reusing existing cabinets that have already been hung, you'll avoid the chaos of having new cabinets manufactured or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- Professional Results: You can expect excellent outcomes when you allow a competent contractor to carry out your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and skill is crucial to guarantee your cabinets look as you planned, including following the proper steps of preparing the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
What are the distinctions between cabinet refacing and the refinishing of cabinets?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms often used together, but there are significant differences between the two and professional contractors will need to understand which service you need. Refacing is the process of substituting the doors and drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing refreshes the present doors and drawers by sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each service has its own unique approach and gives a certain effect in the look of your cabinets, the key differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How many times should cabinets be refinished?
One of the best advantages about wood is that it can be refinished multiple times to make the product look as it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, too. How many times a professional can refinish cabinets is dependent on several factors, such as the strength of the cabinets, the components, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How many years any refinished cabinets will last before the service must be done again is dependent on wear and tear and what sort of maintenance you conduct. A thorough cabinet refinishing project will typically last anywhere between five and ten years or more, depending on the factors mentioned above.
How can I determine if cabinet refinishing is a good project to bring my vision to reality?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always more cost-effective than installing new ones and is a smart investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: When your cabinets are damaged or deteriorating, it may be more cost-effective to go with a replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Value: If reducing your carbon footprint is a priority, you might want to think about cabinet refinishing as a better practice to reduce waste by refreshing your existing cabinets.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing gives you choices between a wide variety of colors and finishes to bring to life a vision that is totally unique and matches your sense of style.
- Trying To Get a Better Return on Investment: If you're planning to sell your home, cabinet refinishing can be a relatively inexpensive way to boost your property's appeal to try and maximize profits.
- You Are Satisfied With the Existing Layout and Functionality: You're existing cabinets might already fit in great with your kitchen's layout and provide ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing involves minimal chaos to your lifestyle compared to a complete cabinet replacement.
Residents of Keeling, Virginia have detailed paying nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Prior to deciding on cabinet refinishing, weigh your specific preferences, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to understand if this option is right for you.
Hire The Right Professional for Cabinet Refinishing Near Keeling, Virginia
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to beautify the aesthetic of your space by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Experienced cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, like paint, stain, or other techniques to your present cabinets to deliver a new look that aligns with your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of the first benefits, and many people in Keeling, Virginia have reported paying as much as 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and hung. Attaining a fresh and modern look for your used cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, boosting the value of your home in the process.
Environmental considerations also play a part in why more people are beginning to refinish used cabinets instead of buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green option that aligns with eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and reducing demand for wood materials.
Another great benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the process is many times less chaotic to your household than the mess generated to install new ones. Whether buying stock or custom-made new cabinets, the kitchen where they're hung will likely need to undergo some degree of demolition and reconstruction before they fit properly. The consequence is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and the better alternative for those working with a shorter timeframe.
When searching for an expert for your cabinet refinishing project, gain insights into their knowledge and skill through pictures of their past work, if they supply any warranties on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this important information and more is on the simple-to-use Thumbtack platform so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Keeling, Virginia with confidence.