Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Kilmarnock, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Refinisher Professionals nearCabinet Refinishing // Virginia // Kilmarnock
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What are the advantages associated with cabinet refinishing rather than installing new ones?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially advantageous home improvement project that many people find worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets instead of completely replacing them is a smart practice to limit your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than contribute to landfills. The method of producing new cabinets also depletes forests and releases pollution into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly diminished when people choose to upcycle current furniture rather than replace it. A few other great advantages of picking cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Purchasing and putting in new kitchen cabinets can be very expensive, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to refresh their look for much less money.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the power to dramatically switch up the aesthetic of your kitchen through relatively little work or resources.
- Limit Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively quick and simple technique to change their look compared to installing new ones. Because you're repurposing current cabinets that have already been hung, you'll bypass the trouble of having new cabinets manufactured or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- High-Quality Results: You'll receive professional results when you hire a qualified contractor to handle your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and experience is critical to ensure your cabinets come out as you wished, including close attention to necessary steps of preparing the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
Is there a difference between refacing and refinishing cabinets?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms often used interchangeably, but there are big differences between them and professional contractors will need to know what service you need. Refacing is a process of substituting the doors or drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing updates the existing doors or drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each technique features its own unique approach and offers a certain result in the appearance of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How long can refinished cabinets last
One of the best advantages with wood is that it is able to be refinished many times to make furniture look the way it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, as well. How many times a professional can refinish cabinets depends on a few factors, including the quality of the cabinets, the components, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How long any refinished cabinets will last before the process needs to be followed up depends on wear and tear and what kind of maintenance you perform. A well-done cabinet refinishing project will typically last anywhere between five and ten years or more, depending on the factors mentioned above.
How can cabinet refinishing be the right option for my kitchen?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always more affordable than installing new models and is a worthwhile investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Good Condition: When your cabinets are damaged or deteriorating, it could be more worthwhile to go with a replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Value: If reducing your carbon footprint is one of your biggest values, you might want to think about cabinet refinishing as a better practice to reduce waste by refreshing your current cabinetry.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing can be done in a large range of colors and finishes to bring to life a vision that is totally unique and matches your tastes.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're preparing to sell your house, cabinet refinishing can be a relatively affordable way to boost your property's value and maximize ROI.
- You Are Pleased With the Current Layout and Functionality: You're current cabinets could already work well with your kitchen's design and provide ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing results in less disruption to your lifestyle compared to a full cabinet replacement.
Residents of Kilmarnock, VA have detailed paying nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Before picking cabinet refinishing, analyze your personal needs, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to discover if this option is right for you.
Hire The Right Professional for Cabinet Refinishing Near Kilmarnock, VA
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to beautify the aesthetic of your home by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Expert cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, including paint, stain, or other techniques to your existing cabinets to deliver a new look that suits your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary advantages, and several people in Kilmarnock, VA have reported paying as much as 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and hung. Achieving a fresh and modern look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, boosting the value of your house in the process.
Sustainable solutions also play a part in why many people are starting to refinish used cabinets rather than buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green option that celebrates eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and reducing demand for wood products.
Another excellent benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the process is many times less chaotic to your home than the mess generated to install new ones. Regardless of purchasing stock or custom-built new cabinets, the kitchen where they're hung will likely face some level of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit properly. The result is much more dust and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and the better solution for anyone on a tight schedule.
When searching for an expert for your cabinet refinishing job, get a feel for their experience and expertise through galleries of past work, if they offer any guarantees on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this valuable information and more can be found on the powerful Thumbtack platform to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Kilmarnock, VA with confidence.