Find a pro in Maxie, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential houses and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a common time for roof replacements, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This is why winter could be a better time to schedule.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more severe weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacements. Even though the weather can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire house. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Since it’s such an essential part of your property, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a strong, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // Virginia // Maxie
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Maxie, VA
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you hire roofing maintenance companies in Maxie, VA. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, schedule an appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
It's crucial to have a roof you can rely on for your house throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to extend the life of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need roofing maintenance services? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause serious problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a hassle-free way to find the right professionals for roofing maintenance services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier through our platform.