Find a Pro in Narrows, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
What exterior paint color should you pick?
When you're deciding on a paint color scheme for your home, choosing an elegant color that complements your overall design will be the right choice. It's fairly affordable to boost the appearance of your home with assistance from a skilled and experienced painter. These are some of the considerations you should make when selecting a color scheme for your exterior painting project:
- Color scheme: The colors you pick should complement the general look you're aiming for and the mood you want to spend time in. Make the space your own, especially for people who work from home or spend considerable time there.
- Feeling calm and relaxed: Greens and blues are tasteful tones that have the ability to give you a comfortable feeling.
- Energetic and productive: For fresh color that's distinctive from the others, oranges and yellows are bold enough to bring about the desired results.
- Comfort: Toned down, versatile colors like beige, off-white, and gray can make a property feel more pleasant and comfortable.
What advantages come with the decision to hire a professional for exterior painting?
Recruiting an exterior painter to apply new paint to your property will normally provide you with a superior outcome than you could achieve on your own. DIY jobs don't always go as planned unless you have the materials and knowledge to execute the project to the highest quality standards. Instead of covering up errors, homeowners can seek an exterior painting professional to carry out the project as adeptly as possible. The skill they've garnered from their experience in the industry will be mirrored in the level of quality demonstrated in their workmanship. From pressure washing the siding, putting on the primer and paint, and handling the cleanup, you should hire a painter to carry it out. With their first-rate approach and guaranteed work, you don't have to worry about them cutting corners or providing less-than-optimal results.
How can you prepare your home for an exterior painting project?
Exterior painting provides excellent results when it is carried out with careful attention to detail and sticking to high-quality standards. Professional painters are prepared with the training, materials, and methods to perform the project with exceptional craftsmanship. First-rate craftsmanship begins with taking first steps that allow the paint to stay and look amazing for many years. Get ready for an exterior painting project by taking the following steps:
- Pressure wash: Getting rid of grime and dirt gives you a clear area to work with, so using pressure washing equipment is a productive way to rinse it off.
- Scrape off loose paint: Scraping and sanding down old paint will get rid of cracked or flaky parts that have been left behind.
- Prepare surface: Surface repair compounds can repair damage on exterior of your home so that you can work on a clean finish.
- Recaulk: Fix caulk on trim and windows to then paint over it for a sleek result.
- Utilize drop cloths: Protect your yard from paint by placing drop cloths on sidewalks, shrubs, and decks.
- Priming: Applying primer on bare wood and area that's been fixed to allow the paint to stay.
What is the cost related to painting the exterior of a home?
The expenses related to exterior painting services depends on the prep work, paint, and size of the home. A one-level property can cost approximately $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-level property. It's an excellent project for many homeowners who want to boost their property's aesthetic appeal and keep it protected from the elements all year round. Another factor that can contribute to the overall cost is how knowledgeable your painter is because it can equate to high-quality craftsmanship and guaranteed services. Reach out to a painting contractor near you who can assess the project and provide you with an accurate estimate for the expenses you can anticipate to pay.
Thumbtack is the Best Way to Find Exterior Painting Contractors in Narrows, VA
Begin looking for an exterior painter on Thumbtack, where you can conveniently compare and recruit companies in Narrows, VA. If your property needs a fresh coat of paint, you can recruit a professional with the skills and background to provide excellent services. You can improve your home's design with new paint that simultaneously offers a hardwearing barrier preventing damage from moisture. By recruiting a professional to take care of the project, you're ensuring the work will be of high-quality standards.
On our full-scope home management app, you can quickly look for contractors, take a look at ratings, and read customer testimonials. Homeowners can check out previous exterior painting jobs to get a good idea of what they can offer. Look through candidate profiles and narrowing down your search is more efficient when you download our free platform. It's systematic and hassle-free to use for homeowners to select the best contractor for the project near them. Additionally, you can direct message professional painters, ask for an estimate, and book a consultation all in one place.
Go over the project details with an exterior painter who can deliver helpful recommendations and help you brainstorm a beautiful color scheme. Painting can boost your home value and essentially make it stand out in the best way. It's awesome what the right color, sheen, and application can do to ameliorate a place. Thumbtack is available to turn your home improvement dreams into reality with assistance from several local professionals prepared to begin the project and deliver outstanding work. Get outstanding results by downloading our app and contacting a skilled exterior painting contractor to handle every step in the process with close attention to detail.