Find a pro in Natural Bridge Station, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Because it’s such an important part of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a strong, steady roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The average roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to extend the timeline. If bad weather is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential properties and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Natural Bridge Station, Virginia
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Natural Bridge Station, Virginia. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, get a quote, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Apart from having leaks or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to serious problems. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just getting your estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.