Find a Pro in New Kent, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What are some services I can expect my professional painting contractor to offer?
Here is what an expert painter will assist with:
- Select Colors: When struggling to choose the best colors for your exterior or interior rooms, a full-service contractor will help you in this regard. This will save you time, and you can depend on the experience of your vetted painter.
- Preparing the Surface: Paint will have a harder time adhering to surfaces that haven't been properly cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service residential painter knows this and will handle this prep stage before painting begins.
- Identify Potential Issues: As your residential painting service preps for the project, they should be assessing surfaces for damage. A knowledgeable painting contractor will tell you if they notice things such as rotted wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim and moldings. These issues must be fixed before painting can start, of course. Your service might then recommend trustworthy contractors to make these repairs, or they will handle it themselves.
- Conduct Repairs: Expert painting contractors are proficient at making such fixes. These include drywall repairs, rotted wood replacement or removal, wallpaper removal, remediating damage to the carpentry and moldings, and more. By hiring an expert painter, you likely won't need to go searching for other contractors to handle these issues.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has prepped the home's surfaces, assessed for structural issues, and conducted necessary repairs, they will start painting your exterior and/or interior.
What is the typical per hour rate for painters?
Normally, a painting contractor's price on labor ranges from $22-$43 an hour, not counting tax or overhead included.
Take into account that this pricing is for the painting services themselves to pay a painting specialist per hour. That's only for the work being done. Insurance, tax, tools, or the paint itself is not reflected in that price.
Will interior painting provide an adequate ROI?
The short answer will be yes, and there are other valuable benefits to be had from interior painting projects:
- Raise the Value of Your Home: A great paint job will display to potential buyers that you have taken exceptional care of your home. It will also help sell a house that's on the market faster, even over asking price. Even if you are not planning on listing your house in the foreseeable future, a proper interior paint job by an expert painting contractor can last up to 7 years. Interior painting is a home improvement investment with one of the highest ROIs when considering the impact on property value and buyer interest.
- Improve Your Mood at Home: Because interior painting is an economical project to update your house, it is one of the most effective tools to make your home a more comfortable and happy space. Assuming you have not painted your home in the past few years or have older colors that you might not like anymore or didn't choose, your home may not be a space where you truly feel comfortable. Also, growing numbers of people are choosing to work from home and/or staying home a lot more, so making the colors of your home appealing is a higher priority. Depending on which option you choose, the right paint color will help you feel differently — calm and rested (blues and greens), lively and motivated (yellows and oranges), and even feel comfortable and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your House: Getting your interior painted secures your house now by preventing future damage from occurring inside and outside of your walls. Most interior walls are manufactured with materials that naturally retain moisture. Over time, enough accumulation of moisture will lead to degraded walls which can be dangerous to your home's structural integrity. Water behind walls is a catalyst for mold growth which can lead to health concerns. Paint works to seal out water from infiltrating the porous walls of your property.
- Improve Air Quality Throughout Your Home: Paints these days are manufactured with low or zero volatile organic compounds. In case you or your family have allergies, breathing problems, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge benefit and the best option for your home. A new application of paint also limits dirt and other particles to a minimum which will enhance your household's air quality even more.
- Make Your Interior Look Amazing: Most homes harbor flaws and imperfections. Walls often show dents, dings, and markings from the use of your house over the years. Getting your house's interior painted eliminates those imperfections and will make your room look updated and clean. A lustrous coat of paint put on by an expert contractor will also update your home with a contemporary look.
When do painters receive the slowest business season?
One of the biggest selling points about hiring during the winter months is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The colder conditions often keep people from wanting to do projects, so painting professionals are more readily available.
Therefore, they might be able to decrease their rates than what they normally do in peak seasons like summer. This is when most painting contractors are scheduled around the clock for months on end.
Find a Qualified Residential Painter To Beautify Your Living Spaces Near Near New Kent, VA
When you need a reliable house painter in New Kent, VA, Thumbtack is the fastest way to find the right contractor matching your budget and needs. Painting your house is an excellent choice to bring new life into your property while also significantly increasing its curb appeal. Painting your house inside and out every few years is a relatively affordable and quick home improvement project that delivers a big ROI in more ways than one.
The way a beautifully painted house can boost your comfort and happiness cannot be discounted as one of the best reasons to perform this home improvement project. An experienced and professional painting contractor can bring any vision you come up with to life or offer great suggestions about various paint brands and colors to achieve a look you'll love. Some colors will even impart a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors such as blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows or light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the exterior and inside of your house also offers many practical benefits for its structural integrity. Paint works as a layer of defense to secure the wood from a variety of problems caused by insects, fungus, and climate, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Moisture is one of the worst causes of home decay, but the sealing function of a good paint job will keep those building materials dry – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert results will refresh the appearance of your residence inside and out, notably boosting its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is a simple tool that organizes all the relevant information to help you discover the perfect painting contractor for the job. Easily browse through profiles of reputable painters in New Kent, VA and the surrounding areas prioritizing the search criteria that matters most, such as customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our all-in-one platform also allows you to directly message professional house painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Use Thumbtack for yourself today and start narrowing down your search for a pro who will deliver the quality and value you deserve.