Find a Pro in Newtown, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
How should you go about choosing the best exterior paint color?
When you're picking a paint color for your home's exterior, selecting an elegant color that goes with your overall aesthetic will be the perfect choice. It's relatively affordable to boost the appearance of your home with help from a knowledgeable and equipped contractor. These are some of the factors you should think about when choosing a color for your exterior painting job:
- Color pattern: The colors you select should complement the general look you're going for and the ambiance you want to create. Make it reflect your personal tastes, especially for people who work from home or spend a lot of time there.
- Feeling calm and relaxed: Greens and blues are elegant shades that have the propensity to give you a comfortable feeling.
- Energetic and productive: For fresh color that sticks out from the rest, yellows and oranges are bold enough to attain the desired results.
- Comfort: Subdued, neutral colors like off-white, gray, and beige can make a property feel more comfortable and comfortable.
In what ways can recruiting an exterior painting professional enhance your project?
Hiring an exterior painting contractor to apply new paint to your property will normally give you a superior result than you could attain on your own. DIY jobs rarely go as you hope unless you have the materials and knowledge to perform the project to the highest quality standards. Instead of spending time covering up flaws, homeowners can turn to an exterior painter to carry out the project as skillfully as possible. The knowledge they've acquired from their experience in the industry will be mirrored in the degree of quality demonstrated in their craftsmanship. From power washing the outside, putting on the primer and paint, and handling the cleanup, you need to hire a contractor to execute it. With their first-rate approach and guaranteed workmanship, you don't have to worry about them taking shortcuts or offering subpar results.
How can you get your home ready for an exterior painting job?
Exterior painting delivers the best results when it is completed with careful attention to detail and sticking to top standards. Professional painters are prepared with the knowledge, materials, and strategies to perform the project with excellent workmanship. Superb workmanship starts with taking preliminary steps that allow the paint to adhere and look great for a long time. These are some of the steps you need to take to prepare for an exterior painting project:
- Pressure wash: Getting rid of dirt and grime gives you a clear area to begin working on, so using power washing equipment is an effective way to rinse it off.
- Scrape off chipped paint: Scraping and sanding down old paint will remove flaky or cracked parts that have been left behind.
- Prepare surface: Compounds used to repair surfaces can take care of irregularities on exterior of your home so that you can work on a clean surface.
- Recaulk: Improve caulk on trim and windows to then paint over it with a streamlined finish.
- Put down drop cloths: Keep paint away from your yard by placing drop cloths on sidewalks, shrubs, and decks.
- Priming: Rolling primer on bare wood and area that's been smoothed out to allow the paint to adhere.
How much does an exterior painting project cost?
The expenses related to exterior painting services depends on the size of the home, prep work, and paint. A one-story property can cost around $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-story property. It's a great investment for many homeowners who want to boost their property's aesthetic appeal and keep it safe from the elements all year round. Another factor that can add to the overall cost is how knowledgeable your contractor is because it can result in high-quality workmanship and guaranteed services. Get in touch with a local painting contractor who can assess the project and give you an accurate quote for the costs you can anticipate to pay.
Search for Exterior Painting Services Near Newtown, Virginia
Start looking for an exterior painting professional on Thumbtack, where you can conveniently compare and seek the assistance of companies in Newtown, Virginia. If your property needs some new paint, you can hire a contractor with the skills and experience to offer outstanding services. You can upgrade your property's appearance with fresh paint that provides a durable barrier preventing damage at the same time. By hiring a contractor to handle the project, you're making sure the work will meet your specifications.
On our full-scope home management app, you can swiftly browse for professionals, check ratings, and read customer reviews. Homeowners can take a look at other exterior painting jobs to get a solid idea of their degree of expertise. Look through candidate profiles and easing your search is more efficient when you download our free platform. It's systematic and hassle-free to use for homeowners to select the most suitable candidates for the project in their area. Additionally, you can send direct messages, ask for a quote, and book an appointment all on one platform.
Discuss the details of the job with an exterior painting professional who can provide you with useful tips and help you brainstorm a beautiful color arrangement. Painting can boost your property value and generally make it stand out in the best way. It's awesome what a good color, sheen, and application can do to breathe some new life into a space. Thumbtack is here to turn your home improvement dreams into reality with help from a number of local professionals ready to roll up their sleeves and deliver excellent workmanship. Get outstanding results by using our app and contacting an experienced exterior painter to handle every step in the process with close attention to detail.