Find a pro in Occoquan, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to consider. The typical roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather report in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions terrible and this will extend the timeline. If bad weather is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential houses and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with an exact amount on how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are several factors that will establish the total cost. Commonly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Occoquan, VA
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Occoquan, VA. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, get a quote, and more all from one convenient app.
Our site also compiles useful data to help you prior to sifting through our network of licensed roofing contractors.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Apart from having leaks or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious problem and needs attention at once. A roofing repair company can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
Hire someone who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.