Find a Pro in Pembroke, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What are the duties of a professional house painter?
Some of the tasks a professional painter generally performs include:
- Pick Colors: When struggling to find the ideal colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor can provide invaluable advice. Services like this will save you time, and you can depend on the knowledge of your vetted professional.
- Preparing the Surface: Paint will have a difficult time sticking to surfaces that aren't properly cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service professional painter understands this and will handle this prep stage before painting begins.
- Identify Potential Issues: As your residential painting service prepares for the paint job, they will assess surfaces for issues. A knowledgeable painting contractor will tell you if they discover anything like rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These damages must be addressed before painting can commence, of course. Your service may then direct you towards reliable contractors to make these repairs, or they may handle it themselves.
- Do Repairs: Most painters are proficient at performing such repairs. These include drywall replacement, rotten wood replacement or removal, wallpaper removal, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. When employing an expert painter, you likely won't have to go looking for other contractors to handle these issues.
- Paint: After the painter has cleaned your home's surfaces, assessed for damage, and conducted necessary repairs, they can commence painting your exterior and/or interior.
What will expert painters charge per hour?
Typically, a painter's price on services varies between $22-$43 an hour, not counting taxes or product included.
Be mindful that this cost is for the labor of painting services to pay a professional painter per hour. That's only the labor. Insurance, taxes, equipment, or the paint itself is not reflected in that price.
Is interior painting a good idea?
Almost always the answer will be yes, and there are benefits from interior painting projects:
- Increase the Value of Your Home: A great paint job can communicate to potential buyers that you have taken good care of your residence. It can also help sell a home that's on the market faster, even above its asking price. Even if you are not planning on selling your home in the foreseeable future, a proper interior paint job by a professional painter can last up to 7 years. You will be making an investment in your residence that really pays off.
- Boost Your Mood at Home: Since interior painting is an economical project to update your residence, it is one of the most effective tools to make your home a more comfortable and happy place. Assuming you haven't painted your house in the past few years or have poor colors that you either don't like anymore or didn't choose, your home may not feel like a space where you truly feel comfortable. Also, growing numbers of people are working at home and/or staying home more in general, so making the interior of your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on which option you go with, a fresh paint color can help you feel differently — peaceful and relaxed (blues and greens), energetic and productive (yellows and oranges), or even feel comfortable and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your Home: Having your interior painted safeguards your home now and prevents future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. The majority of interior walls are constructed of materials that naturally retain moisture. Eventually, enough accumulation of moisture can lead to compromised walls which can be detrimental to your house's structural integrity. Water inside walls is a catalyst for mold growth which can lead to health issues. Paint is designed to seal out moisture from getting through the porous walls of your home.
- Boost Air Quality Throughout Your Home: Paints now are made with low or no volatile organic compounds. If you or your loved ones suffer from allergies, breathing problems, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and a great option for your home. A new application of paint also keeps dust and other allergens to a minimum which will enhance your household's air quality exponentially.
- Make Your Home Look Fantastic: Most residences harbor flaws and imperfections. Walls often contain dents, dings, and marks from the use of your home over the years. Having your house's interior painted removes those imperfections and can make your room look refreshed and clean. A fresh paint color applied to your interior can also modernize your residence.
When will painters experience the slowest business demand?
One of the biggest selling points to booking during the winter months is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The colder conditions often keep most homeowners from wanting to do projects, so painting companies are more readily available.
For that reason, they might be able to decrease their price than what they normally do in peak seasons like summer. This is when most painters are scheduled around the clock for months on end.
Professional Residential Painters Serving in Pembroke, Virginia
When you're searching for a good residential painter in Pembroke, Virginia, Thumbtack is the most efficient way to find the right contractor suiting your budget and needs. Painting your house is an excellent option to bring new life into your property while also significantly increasing your home's curb appeal. Painting your house inside and out every few years is a relatively economical and fast home improvement project that delivers a great ROI in more ways than one.
The way a freshly painted house can improve your comfort and happiness shouldn't be discounted as one of the best reasons to perform this home improvement project. A skilled and professional painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you have to life or offer great suggestions about different paint types and colors to achieve a look you'll love. Some colors can even evoke a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors like blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows or light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the exterior and inside of your home also gives many useful benefits for its durability. Paint acts as a layer of defense to protect surfaces from a host of issues resulting from bugs, fungus, and weather, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Water is one of the leading causes of structural decay, but the sealing capability of a quality paint job will keep those building materials drier – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert results will refresh the appearance of your house inside and out, significantly raising its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is an easy-to-use site that organizes all the important information to let you uncover the best painting contractor for the job. Efficiently browse through profiles of vetted painters in Pembroke, Virginia and the surrounding areas prioritizing the search criteria you care about most, such as customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our all-in-one system also permits you to directly message professional residential painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Explore Thumbtack for yourself now and start narrowing down your hunt for the contractor who can deliver the quality and value you deserve.