Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Rescue, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What are a few perks of refinished cabinets?
Cabinet refinishing is a highly beneficial home improvement task that many people find worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets rather than buying new ones is a great way to reduce your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than tossing them into landfills. The method of producing new cabinets also requires more wood and expels pollution into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly lessened when you choose to upcycle existing furniture rather than throw it out. Some other amazing perks of deciding on cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Efficient: Purchasing and putting in new kitchen cabinets can be very costly, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to refresh their look for much less money.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing can drastically switch up the look of your kitchen through relatively little work and money.
- Limit Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively quick and simple technique to refresh their style versus installing new ones. Because you're repurposing existing cabinets that have already been installed, you'll avoid the chaos of having new cabinets built from scratch and the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- Professional Results: You can expect high-quality outcomes when you allow a vetted contractor to take care of your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and experience is crucial to guarantee your cabinets look as you planned, including following the proper steps of prepping the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
I know of refacing cabinets - is this the same as refinishing cabinets?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms often used interchangeably, but there are big differences between them and handymen will need to know what service you need. Refacing focuses on replacing the doors and drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing updates the present doors and drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each technique features its own unique approach and gives a distinctive result in the look of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How frequently will I need to refinish cabinets
One of the great advantages with wood is that it is able to be refinished multiple times to make the product look as it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, too. The frequency at which one can refinish cabinets depends on many factors, such as the durability of the cabinets, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How long any refinished cabinets will last before the process needs to be done again depends on wear and tear and what sort of maintenance you conduct. A thorough cabinet refinishing project can last anywhere between five and ten years or more, depending on the factors mentioned above.
Are refinished cabinets worth it?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always less expensive than buying new ones and is a wise investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Good Condition: If the cabinets are damaged or deteriorating, it could be more cost-effective to go with a replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Value: If protecting the environment is one of your biggest values, you may want to consider cabinet refinishing as an ideal way to limit waste by upcycling your existing cabinets.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing can be done in a huge range of colors and finishes to bring to life a vision that is wholly unique and suits your sense of style.
- Trying To Get a Better ROI: If you're planning to sell your residence, cabinet refinishing is a relatively inexpensive project to boost its value and maximize profits.
- You Are Pleased With the Existing Layout and Functionality: You're existing cabinets might already work perfectly with your kitchen's layout and give ideal functionality.
- Minimal Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing requires less disruption to your daily life in contrast to a full cabinet replacement.
Residents in Rescue, Virginia have reported spending as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Prior to deciding on cabinet refinishing, weigh your specific needs, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to understand if this project is right for you.
One Place for All The Information Necessary To Hire The Right Cabinet Refinisher Near Rescue, Virginia With Confidence
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to beautify the look of your kitchen by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a full replacement. Expert cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, such as paint, stain, or other techniques to your present cabinets to give a new look that suits your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of the first perks, and several people in Rescue, Virginia have reported spending up to 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and installed. Attaining a fresh and modern look for your used cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, increasing the value of your house at the same time.
Environmental considerations also play a role in why more people are choosing to refinish used cabinets versus buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green option that celebrates eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and reducing demand for wood products.
Another excellent advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the service will be many times less chaotic to your household than the work it takes to install new ones. Whether purchasing stock or custom-built new cabinets, the kitchen where they're installed will likely need to undergo some degree of demolition and reconstruction before they fit properly. The result is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and a convenient alternative for anyone on a tight schedule.
When selecting an expert for your cabinet refinishing project, gain insights into their experience and reliability through galleries of past work, if they offer any warranties on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this important information and more is on the simple-to-use Thumbtack site so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Rescue, Virginia with confidence.