Find a pro in Rileyville, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the probability of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential properties and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what season it is, you can call a contractor for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a good time for roof replacements, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This means that waiting later in the year could be an easier time for services.
A lot of roofing companies have more down time during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more severe weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. Even though the weather can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your home. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Rileyville, VA
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Rileyville, VA. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, schedule an appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our site also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our database of vetted roofing companies.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of leakage or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical problem and requires to be attended to. A roofing repair contractor can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water penetration. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a professional. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy solution to find the best companies for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is made easier with our platform.