Find a Pro in Rocky Mount, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What are the duties of a residential painter?
Here are examples of what a professional painter will assist with:
- Pick Colors: When struggling to pick the ideal colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor will provide invaluable advice. Services like this can save you time, and you can count on the experience of your hired expert.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint will have a harder time sticking to surfaces that haven't been adequately cleaned, sanded and primed ahead of time. A full-service residential painter understands this and can handle this prep stage before painting commences.
- Identify Damages: As your home painting service prepares for the project, they should be assessing surfaces for damage. A full-service painting contractor will let you know if they notice things like rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These damages need to be remediated before painting can commence, of course. Your painter may then recommend trustworthy contractors to make these repairs, or they may handle it themselves.
- Conduct Repairs: Experienced painters are proficient at performing such fixes. These include drywall fixes, rotten wood replacement and removal, wallpaper removal, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and more. When enlisting a professional painter, you likely don't need to go searching for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has prepped the home's surfaces, checked for damage, and performed necessary repairs, they will commence painting your exterior and/or interior.
What's the average rate per hour for most painters?
Typically, a painting contractor's cost of labor ranges from $22-$43 an hour, without taxes or overhead included.
Bear in mind that this average is for the labor of painting services to pay a professional painter per hour. Insurance, taxes, tools, or the paint itself is not reflected in that price.
Will interior painting provide a good return on investment?
The short answer is yes, and these are benefits from interior painting projects:
- Boost the Appeal of Your House: A good paint job will communicate to potential buyers that you have taken exceptional care of your residence. Interior painting will also help sell a house that's on the market sooner, even over listing price. Even if you are not contemplating listing your house in the near future, a proper interior paint job by a professional painter can last up to 7 years. Interior painting is a home improvement project with one of the best returns when factoring in the impact on property value and buyer interest.
- Boost Your Mood at Home: Since interior painting is an economical project to update your house, it can be one of the best tools to make your home a more comfortable and happy place. If you have not painted your house recently and have older colors that you might not like anymore or never chose, your rooms may not be a space where you truly feel comfortable. Also, many residents are working from home and/or staying home more in general, so making the colors of your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on which color scheme you go with, the right paint color will affect your mood as you desire — peaceful and rested (blues and greens), energetic and motivated (yellows and oranges), or even feel comfortable and content (neutral colors).
- Safeguard From Damage to Your Home: Getting your interior painted safeguards your residence now by preventing future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. Most interior walls are manufactured with components that naturally retain moisture. Over time, too much accumulation of moisture will lead to degraded walls which can be risky to your home's structural integrity. Moisture inside walls is a catalyst for mold growth which may lead to health concerns. Paint is designed to keep moisture from getting into the porous walls of your property.
- Strengthen Air Quality in and Around Your House: Paints these days are manufactured with low or no volatile organic compounds. If you or your family suffer from allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and the ideal choice for your property. A fresh coat of paint also keeps dust and other toxins to a minimum which will enhance your home's air quality even more.
- Make Your Interior Look Great: Most houses have flaws and blemishes. Walls frequently show scratches, dings, and marks from wear and tear to your house over the years. Getting your house's interior painted eliminates most imperfections and will make your home look refreshed and clean. A fresh coat of paint applied by a vetted contractor will also update your home with a contemporary aesthetic.
When will painters receive the slowest business demand?
A major selling point about scheduling within the colder season is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The chillier conditions often keep people from doing projects, so painting professionals are more readily available.
Therefore, they might be able to decrease their rates than what they normally charge in peak times of the year like summer. Summer is a time when most painters are scheduled around the clock for months on end.
Dependable Residential Painters in Near Rocky Mount, VA
When you're looking for a dependable house painter in Rocky Mount, VA, Thumbtack is the fastest way to find the perfect contractor suiting your budget and schedule. Painting your home is a great choice to bring new life into your living space while also significantly boosting your home's value. Painting your house inside and out every few years is a relatively low-cost and fast home improvement project that provides a great ROI in more ways than one.
How a freshly painted house can improve your comfort and happiness shouldn't be overlooked as one of the best reasons to carry out this home improvement project. A talented and knowledgeable painting contractor can bring any vision you have to life or make great recommendations about various paint types and colors to lock down a look you'll love. Some colors will even evoke a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors like blue and green triggering feelings of peace and calm while yellows and light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the outside and inside of your house also offers many useful advantages for its structural integrity. Paint works as a layer of defense to protect surfaces from a range of problems resulting from bugs, fungus, and climate, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Moisture is one of the leading causes of structural decay, but the sealing function of a professional paint job will keep those surfaces dry – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional work will beautify your residence inside and out, notably increasing its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is a user-friendly tool that brings together all the relevant information to help you discover the best painting contractor for the job. Easily look through profiles of reputable painters in Rocky Mount, VA and nearby areas focusing on the search criteria that matters most, including customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our unique platform also allows you to directly message professional house painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Explore Thumbtack for yourself today and start narrowing down your hunt for the pro who will deliver the quality services you deserve.